You lead an active life; your camera should be able to keep up. Now it can. The Stylus 1050SW from Olympus is designed to meet or exceed industry standards for shock, water and low temperature resistance. It is can be dropped from 5 feet or be submerged up to 10 feet. You can even use it in cold weather, down to 14°F/-10°C.
None of that would matter if it wasn’t a great camera. The 10.1MP sensor sits behind a 38-114mm equivalent lens set with a 3x optical zoom. The 2.7” HyperCrystal II LCD viewfinder has 230K pixels for great image quality for both picture-taking and reviewing shots you’ve already taken. Digital image stabilization keeps the picture steady, even if your hands aren’t.
The camera has 27 shooting modes including 2 Auto modes, a movie mode and 22 theme modes. The theme modes range from portrait to fireworks to specialty modes like behind glass, documents and underwater snapshot. No matter where you go and what you do, the 1050SW will stay the course and take great pictures.
- Durable and CompactThe slim and elegant design belies a durable metal body and shock-absorbing technology that can withstand bumps, jostles or drops of up to 5 feet.
- Waterproof and WeatherproofThe Stylus 1050SW is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures down to 14°F/-10°C, and waterproof seals and gaskets keep water out so you can take pictures as deep as 10 feet underwater.
- 3X Optical ZoomThe 3X optical zoom lens brings far-away objects up close for exceptionally sharp, clear images. A total of 15X zoom is available with the camera’s 5X digital zoom capability.
- 10.1 MegapixelThe Stylus 1050SW features an amazing 10.1 megapixel CCD that takes 3648 x 2736 resolution images for great looking pictures and impressive prints.
- Tap ControlOperate picture playback, shadow adjustment and flash mode just by tapping the top, back and sides of the camera -- ideal for use while underwater, wearing gloves or situations where standard buttons may be impossible to access.
- Face DetectionFace Detection automatically identifies facial features of up to 16 faces within the frame, and determines optimum focus and exposure settings in real time for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.