Limited time offer, ends 08/24 By PCCOOLER
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Pros: - Easy to install the motherboard mount.
- Cheap. I bought it on sale for $16.99.
- Acceptable cooling for it's price, size, and noise level.
- Well implemented neutral white LED lighting if you're in to that sort of thing.
Cons: - Attaching the cooler to the mount felt a bit stiff, like I was going to break something.
- The thermal paste it comes with is trash. I gave it a shot but dropped 10c when I put on some Cryorig CP7.
- When it's not on sale, it makes more sense to get PCCooler's next model up, the GI-X5R for $4 more.
Overall Review: I bought this for a little project and it suits my needs quite well. Here's some testing stats, numbers, and all that if you're interested. These numbers were all measured on an open air test bench. Thermal paste used was Cryorig CP7.
CPU: Xeon X3470 (2.9GHz stock, 3.8GHz overclock @ 1.25v)
Idle Temperature: 32c (18c ambient)
AIDA Stress Test 8hrs: 72c max (18c ambient)
Pros: Nice cooler for any CPU, very easy installation and comes with excellent thermal paste is a plus.
Cons: Doesn't work in my car!
Overall Review: Highly recommended and will buy this again if needed.