The Republic of Gamers consists only the best of the best. ASUS offers the best hardware engineering, the fastest performance, the most innovating ideas, and welcomes the best gamers to join in. In the Republic of Gamers, mercy rules are only for the weak, and bragging rights means everything. Based on Intel's X58 and ICH10R chipsets, the Rampage III Black Edition not only sports the latest design aesthetics featuring a superb layout, ultra-modern black finishes, and a revised thermal cooling solution, it also features incredible performance.
The bundled ROG ThunderBolt LAN/Audio Combo card delivers an immersive audio experience and stunning networking performance enthusiasts and gamers demand. When it comes to expandability options, the Rampage III Black Edition offers dual-slot GPU spacing to optimize airflow along with (4) PCI-E x16 expansion slots, as well as leading I/O standards such as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, Bluetooth 3.0 and 802.11n WiFi. For power delivery, the Rampage III Black Edition takes the performance leading ASUS Extreme Engine Digi+ design and pushes it even further. Utilization of a super alloy choke and a high-quality dual proadlizer design ensures extremely low ESL and ESR as well as high capacitance and current capabilities for cooler operation while gaming along with leading overclockability. When combined with ASUS’ other innovative designs such as ROG Connect and AI Suite, these superior design elements give gamers and enthusiasts gamers a board that stands above the rest.
- LGA1366 Intel Core i7 SupportBased on the Intel X58 chipset, the Rampage III Black Edition motherboard supports Intel’s Core i7 processors including Extreme Edition in LGA1366 socket, providing unprecedented computing power to match the performance levels you are looking for.
- SLI or CrossFireX On-DemandThe ROG Rampage III Black Edition enables you to run either SLI or CrossFireX multi-GPU setups. The board features SLI/CrossFire on Demand technology, supporting up to four graphics cards in a 3-Way SLI or 4-Way CrossFireX configuration. Whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen.
- ROG ThunderBolt LAN/Audio ComboThe ROG ThunderBolt has been designed from continual feedback from the PC gaming community. By enhancing the 2 key factors (Speed and Sound) that dominate your gaming experience, the advanced integration of the LAN/Audio combo ThunderBolt offers higher throughput and decreased latency is about to bring the best in-game experience to you. With the ROG ThunderBolt's high sound quality and built-in amp, gamers can discover the enemy's position much easier and react earlier, making it just like another weapon in a gamer's arsenal! With fine-tuned background sound effects for popular game tyes and Xear 3D Surround tech, ROG ThunderBolt lets you hear better and win easier!
- Extreme Engine Digi+Extreme Engine Digi+ equipped with high performance digital VRM design can easily achieve the ultimate performance with adjustable CPU PWM frequency. It expedites heat dissipation and achieves better electric conduction keeping critical components reliable. Extreme Engine Digi+ balances the need for voltage and the desire for rock solid performance to bring the ultimate user experience.
- Bluetooth v3.0 + HS supportOnboard Bluetooth v3.0 + HS enables smart connectivity to Bluetooth and wireless internet devices with no additional adapters. Enjoy the convenience and faster transfer rates of Wi-Fi anywhere on both desktops and notebooks.
- Future Transfer TechnologyRevolutionary SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology delivers up to 5Gbps bandwidth, which is 10x faster than USB 2.0 and boosts data transfer rate between PC and USB devices. Next-generation SATA Revision 3.0 interface provides up to 6Gb/s data transfer rates for enhanced performance, efficiency, convenience and flexibility.