Get your gaming to go with the ASUS ROG Maximus IV Gene-Z! Featuring the newest Intel Z68 chipset, which supports 2nd generation Intel Core i7 CPUs, powerful gaming just got portable with the micro-ATX sized Maximus IV Gene-Z.
Don't let the small size fool you, it's packing features that would make its full sized cousins jealous. The Maximus IV Gene-Z has 2x PCIe-16 slots, allowing for graphics cards to run in SLI or CrossFireX mode, but also has support for Lucid Virtu to take advantage of both the discrete graphics cards and the integrated GPU of the Sandy Bridge processor for video transcoding that’s 3x better when connected to the discrete card. A built-in SupremeFX XFi 2 audio chip offers fantastic surround sound. ROG exclusive GameFirst Technology, backed by an Intel Ethernet chip, helps prioritize game traffic, to ensure that you’ll stay on top of your opponents and get the drop on them.
- Intel Z68 Express Chipset with Intel Smart Response TechnologyThis motherboard supports the 2nd generation Intel Core i3/ Core i5/ Core i7 processors in the LGA1155 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 2.0 lanes. The Intel Z68 Express Chipset also supports iGPU function, letting users enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphic performance. Z68 chipset’s Intel Smart Response Technology boosts overall system performance by using a fast SSD (min 18.6GB available) as a cache for frequently accessed operations. Key benefits are expedited hard drive speeds, reduced load and wait times and maximized storage utilization.
- Lucid Virtu and SLI/CrossFireX On-DemandLucid Virtu is the GPU virtualization software along with 2nd generation Intel Core processor featuring like Intel Quick Sync to enable an all-inclusive media platform and discrete GPUs coming with high-end DirectX 11 3D, anti-aliasing and performance features to get the thrills in games. Meanwhile, this board adopts SLI/CrossFireX on Demand technology, supporting SLI or CrossFireX configuration. Whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen.
- ROG Exclusive FeaturesROG Connect links your main system to a notebook through a USB cable, allowing you to view real-time POST code and hardware status readouts on your notebook, as well as make on-the-fly parameter adjustments at a purely hardware level. And, GPU.DIMM Post enables you to quickly and easily check your graphics cards and memory DIMMs status in the BIOS, potentially keeping that record-breaking overclock! In addition, with Mem TweakIt, you can do DRAM tuning in real-time, view your DRAM efficiency score, and upload and share your ranking online.
- GameFirst TechnologyROG exclusive GameFirst Technology enables you to manage the flow of traffic according to your needs so that you can still listen to online music, download and upload files, and engage in Internet chats without sacrificing the low ping times you need to pwn your opponents.
- SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Built-inSupremeFX X-Fi 2 delivers incredible gaming audio experiences to ROG die hards. It features EAX 5.0 and OpenAL for ultra-real cinematic in-game audio. It even comes with THX TruStudio PRO branding, which makes games, music and movies sound way better! SupremeFX X-Fi 2 also implements gold-plated jacks and high quality capacitors to ensure high definition adventures in audio.
- Extreme Engine Digi+Extreme Engine Digi+ equipped with high performance digital VRM design can easily achieve the ultimate performance with adjustable CPU PWM frequency. It expedites heat dissipation and achieves better electric conduction keeping critical components reliable.