The Polk Audio RTi8 floorstand speaker delivers performance and style for an acoustic piece that seamlessly fits any house decor. It features real wood construction with radiant metallic highlights and racing car lines that echo contemporary style. It produces sound that is as beautiful as it looks, from dual 6.5-inch polymer composite cone drivers with rubber surrounds and one 1-inch silk/polymer composite dome tweeter. The MDF enclosure also contributes to superb, accurate sound by reducing resonance that may cause cabinet humming. Plus, this speaker is magnetically shielded for less interference with video source, and is equipped with heat sink for quick, efficient heat dissipation.
This model is sold individually.
- Superb SoundThe Polk Audio RTi8 comes equipped with two 6.5" Dynamic Balance polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion, and one 1" silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnets for clear, detailed highs. The PowerPort bass venting makes for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel. The mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response, and improve detail and transparency. The Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology allows for more natural midrange reproduction. It also features acoustically inert stamped driver basket, and floating anti-diffraction grilles that minimize grille diffraction for spacious, three-dimensional imaging.
- Anti-Resonance EnclosureCabinet resonance can ruin the sound of an otherwise well-designed speaker. You don't want to hear your speaker cabinets humming along with the music (they don't even know the words). You want to hear the uncolored sound launched by the drivers and tweeters. The Polk speaker cabinets are meticulously engineered for resonance-free performance. All wood cabinet Polk Audio loudspeakers are constructed of costly low-resonance MDF instead of the cheaper and more resonant particle board used by many competitive speaker brands. RTi Series Speakers feature additional anti-resonance strategies, like asymmetric braces.
- Magnetic ShieldingThe magnetic shielding allows for placement near video sources without causing any interference.
- Solid ConnectionDual, bi-ampable gold-plated five-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) enable the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
- Other FeaturesThis model features heat-sink for superior heat dissipation, and butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability. Its adjustable leveling feet in an outrigger base provide stability on any type of floors.