The Radeon R9 290, the AMD's high-end GPU, offers the weapon of choice for gamers who demand the best. It's based on the new 28nm Hawaii GPU architecture and introduces the support for DirectX 11.2, capable of rendering reality-redefining imagery in the hottest titles. With massive number of Stream Processors and gigantic 4GB GDDR5 memory, this GPU delivers the performance you need for smooth gameplay at extreme setting. The new CrossFire technology allows you to build multiple graphics cards configuration without the use of interconnect bridges. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you will leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies are included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.
This model is BIOS overclocked to 975MHz (947MHz for reference design), and comes equipped with dual large fans for quiet yet effective cooling even under demanding load level.
- Built for CrossfireThe card features the Next Generation CrossFire support for up to 4 graphics cards with NO interconnect bridge required.
- MantleThere’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of GCN architecture to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality.
- AMD TrueAudio TechnologyAMD TrueAudio technology brings the world’s first programmable audio pipeline marking a new frontier in realism for PC gamers. AMD TrueAudio technology empowers game developers with a programmable audio pipeline on the GPU, inviting them to put their unique artistic fingerprint on in-game audio in the same way that the programmable graphics pipeline brought unfettered artistic vision to PC graphics. Enabled games can feature more realistic environmental dynamics, a richer tapestry of sound effects, breathtaking directional audio and more. AMD TrueAudio technology enhances audio realism by simulating the human brain’s perception of real-world sound, working in concert with the user’s existing audio hardware to recreate a lifelike experience.
- AMD Eyefinty TechnologyRun multiple displays from a single graphics board and expand your gaming field of view across all displays.
- AMD App AccelerationAMD App Accelerator creates a “co-processing” environment in which the compute processing potential in your AMD Radeon Graphics processor works together with the system central processor, to accelerate enabled applications.