Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: This RAM (8GB, 2GB x 4) runs stable at 2000MHz using stated specs with 1.625v on an Asus P5P55D Deluxe board w/i5 processor (CPU 17x, BCLK 200). G.Skill support is very good; I used their forum and found it productive. Several people there were helpful even in addition to the G.Skill folks along with standard recommendations for this board and RAM. They were responsive typically once or twice per day. I chose this method over email. This kit was simple to overclock...with almost all settings on Auto.
Cons: I had to RMA one pair. Not a big deal. Another con that is more general is that we are essentially early adopters while these boards are not necessarily as stable as they could be. Since I got the RAM, Asus has released two new BIOS updates, the most recent includes "increased RAM compatibility".
Other Thoughts: Had to RMA one pair but NewEgg took care of it quickly. Never a fun process, it goes with the territory when you BYOC. The other option is to go buy a brand name, D3ll or similar. And what fun is *that*...? Regarding the height of the RAM, there were no clearance issues with a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 HSF.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: LIAN LI PC-B70 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: What a great case. The construction is better than I expected, tight build, sturdy feel and reinforced. My prior case was > 10 year old SuperMicro steel tower...it was strong (and an anchor), but had it's own problems with airflow and layout. This LL is a work of art in comparison.
- Excellent airflow, quiet (not silent, but close enough)
- Near-perfect layout with plenty of flexibility
- Appearance (pictures don't do it justice)
- Special features: PCI and front bay design is better than I expected (PCI holders can be removed for the optional VGA cooler LL sells)
- Optical drive bay cover for a clean front...perfect design and operation, ordered a second one (inexpensive too, see LL's website for product number and use the google)
- Choice of blue fans and blue/red power/hdd light against the black case is gorgeous...esp. with the black mesh grille.
- Power button and USB, etc on top is a plus for me
- Removable motherboard tray...my first..very nice.
Cons: - Fingerprints of course, but in a room with limited lighting...you won't see them at all. It's the nature of the material. Not sure how it could be made better...paint it? Ugh. Might scratch too...not sure.
- The trays in the front of the case I suppose might hinder some of the direct airflow toward the back of the case. However, you can add additional fans to the VGA support or the rear of the drive trays...so there are options as needed. Cool air is still forced into the case though...and there is no apparent add'l noise that I can detect.
- The thickness of the aluminum sides is about what I was hoping for, the side panels do have some mass to them when you take them off (and have bracing)...but coming from steel, another mm might be better. Still, they are adequate at 2mm.
- Outer guard for top rear fan needs less material as it restricts airflow...it's removable (again, nice options); also removed inner guard for lower rear fan...simple enough.
Other Thoughts: I have to say, I love just looking at this case. I never thought lights could add to a case, seemed silly and juvenile to me. Well...LL did it right. It's a classy and stylish mature looking case that is anything but gaudy. Extremely functional and well laid out. My components are all running cooler and was able to add some smaller low-rpm fans for RAM and SB, but didn't need to. The blue is similar to that of a natural gas flame.
UPS shipping worked! I expected a demolished box, but it arrived nearly mint (i know, that's unbelievable). Thanks UPS, and LL packed it well.
This has been an enjoyable experience all the way around. If you are looking for a case of this size that is near silent (on low, low-whoosh on med), this case should not disappoint. To the reviewer who said he's in love...yeah...I know what you mean. Highly recommended.