Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - TONS of headers for server type chassis/enclosures
- Remote IP management port
- Capable of 128 GB RAM
- Super Fast Xeon D
- Came with CPU fan. Kinda can get loud for a home server user when under 100% max load - but should be ok for normal server room use. Not hardly noticable when it is running under average load. I can barely hear it then.
Cons: - No USB 3.0 header. This is a server so it wasn't 100% expected but it would have been nice. Here are 2x USB 3.0 ports on the back. Not gonna knock off any eggs due to this minor issue.
Other Thoughts: BIOS & Firmware are great and easy to use. LOVE the IP remote port to manage a headless server. I loaded mine up with 128 GB of RAM. Super fast running Windows Server 2012-R2 and Hyper-V.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Nice that the top fan structure is isolated from the main heatsink by rubber mounts. This dramatically reduces vibration / noise.
- 4-pin CPU connector.
- Thermal paste is pre-appliedonto the heatsink
- Does feel flemsy but it works just fine.
- The fan blows DOWN on the CPU heatsink so the downdraft actually keeps the nearby Northbridge and Southbridge heatsinks cooler.
Cons: - Lots of overhang on the heatsink. Not much rom if you have a crowded motherboard with capacitors or RAM nearby.
- I already had another CPU heatsink/fan mounting system in place so I just used what I had. I did not use the supplied components. They really looked weak in my opinion. You need something that will really press the heatsink up against the CPU to get the best thermal transfer.
Other Thoughts: I installed this on an Asus P9D-MH motherboard running a Xeon E3-1285L V3 running at 3.1 Ghz. I ran a benchmark test at 100% CPU speeds and the CPU only got up to 76 C and the motherboard was at 53 C. Well under any critical or alarm limits. At idle the CPU stays at 37 C and the motherboard at 44 C. Not too bad.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Super fast and 512GB makes this a perfect m.2 SSD
Cons: Too thick for mt HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 laptop. It wouldn't lay flat inside without bending the connection board so I ended up using the OEM m.2 SSD that came with it. I would have liked the extra storage space.
Other Thoughts: My fault for not checking thickness but I didn't think that would have been a problem. Lesson learned.READ FULL REVIEW