Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ARK IPC-3U380D Black 3U Rackmount Server Case 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays
Pros: - Great for a NAS.
- Everything fits correctly
- Comes with the necessary hardware.
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: I wish to have a second 3 bay 5.25" on the right side to insert more swapable stuff.
I recommend this case if you are looking for a relative good and cheap case for you server.
This review is from: iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS-BLUE 3x5.25" to 5x3.5" SAS/SATA 6.0 Gb/s Trayless Hot-Swap Cage
Pros: I got this one for my 5 disk 3U NAS server.
- Converts 3 5.25" bays into 5 3.5" hot swap disk bay.
- Metal build, no cheap plastic here.
- Really good looking and well finished (you can choose the color you like).
- Disk fits perfectly with a click.
- Key protected.
- Fan cooled with fan controller.
- Activity and inserted indicating led with control switch.
- Fits perfectly
Cons: None, this product is a state of art one!
Other Thoughts: I really recommend this bay, I may be upgrade my NAS to 10 disks due to this miracle!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: iStarUSA WM1260B 12U 600mm Depth Wallmount Server Cabinet
Pros: I got this Case as a replacement for my old noisy 10U Rack, It feels spacious and good build up.
I will wish to have extra fan holes on the floor for extra air intake, but is fine.
- Good Price.
- Acceptable finish.
- Lot of space for small server applications.
- Easy access from sides.
- Rack columns are ajustable.
- Wall mount easy.
- Feels strong.
- Two insertion rails.
- Fits small to medium size cases.
- square holes on racking columns.
- brings some screw and extra hardware.
Cons: Be careful with deep cases close to the limit they maybe fit but without any plugged wire on the back, and removing the handlers on the front.
- I think that extra holes for fans in the floor like the ones in the top will be a plus.
- The insertion rails only fit one size but adding a re-sizable one may increase the price.
- No grommets, if you need to insert wires from outside through any of the holes you will need to get something to avoid wire damage.
Other Thoughts: I really recommend this rack if you need a small (12U or less) rack
If you have a lot of stuff to rack, you will need to get extra hardware, the bag that comes with the product provides only few screws, but is not a contra.
You will need fans if you have lot of heat generating elements but careful there is only two designated holes for 120 mm fans.