Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: So far so good. I couldn't find anything wrong with the product itself. Read below.
Cons: Had to contact Corsair to try and get the missing accessories and am still waiting for a response. Newegg wanted to replace it but I'd have to ship it back first and wait to receive the replacement. Why not just ship the accessories? Or offer fast service by charging my credit card again and sending it to my address so that I don't have to wait to get a replacement. Then refund me when I return the original item back. I can't use the computer without a cpu cooler.
Will have to return to Newegg if Corsair doesn't respond soon and ship me the missing accessories quickly.
Other Thoughts: Used InPost shipping which is free but I wanted to buy a 2nd one today and it was no longer an option. After wasting 20 mins. chatting to a rep. he finally found out that it's because I recently changed my email address. Why would that be a problem? I'd have to pay shipping now if I wanted to buy the exact same item and have it shipped to the exact same address again. That's ridiculous!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 750GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TE750BW
Pros: (1) Excellent SSD. I replaced my 750GB SATA3 5400 rpm drive on my Toshiba S875 laptop and while I knew it'd be faster, it was actually faster than I expected. Boot times are under 10 seconds for both Win'7 & Win'8 (x64).
(2) For the curious: My laptop's Window Experience Index (WEI) is now an even 8 for the primary hard disk in Win'8x64 (7.9 in Win'7x64). My Processor, RAM, Graphics and Gaming are 7.8, 7.8, 6.7 and 6.7 respectively.
(3) Cool Samsung Magician program.
Cons: (1) As always with new hardware, reliability remains a question mark especially with these new drives using TLC technology. Apparently it's greatly reduced though they say you should get about 10 yrs from it (rated 19 yrs by Samsung) but of course that'll depend on how you use the drive. Consider this: SLC NAND type memory is rated at 100,000 program/erase cycles per cell while TLC NAND is 10x less @ 10,000 program/erase cycles per cell.
(2) I don't get the 98K and 90K IOPS consistently enough. Perhaps it goes down the more data you put on it?
(3) Though this is normal these days, you'll wind up with only 465.76 GB capacity on a 500 GB drive.
(4) SSD's are still overpriced!
Other Thoughts: (1) For those who are enabling RAPID mode and think their drive is faster consider this...While you're getting faster sequential reads and writes due to the extra RAM it steals from your system, the random reads and writes (IOPS) are slower.
With Rapid mode on I get about 70K for both seq. read and write while I get the advertised 98K and 90K IOPS for random read & write. And random reads/writes is way more important than seq. reads/writes (unless you're often doing large file copying).
(1) I got the 500 GB version but with the 750 GB version being discounted by $50 today I may do an exchange as I'll get an extra 250 GB for $120. After installing Win'8x64 and Win'2008 vm with Exchange 2010 I'm down to only about 100 GB of free space on my laptop...which leaves ample space but probably not for too long if I want to install some games and more apps like Pinnacle Studio and doing some 1080p video importing and rendering.
(3) First time Samsung customer and while I had bad experience with their LED tv's this SSD is so far making up for it...mind you it's only been a week.
(4) I went with the Max. Reliability optimization for improved reliability as it does less writes by disabling your Windows Search Indexing (which I could care less for).
(5) I give it 5 eggs as so far I'm very happy with the upgrade (except when I look at the price on my receipt and bank statement).
Toshiba S875-004 laptop:
RAM: 8 GB
Matshita BD-ROM/DVD+/- RW
Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW
Pros: Crisp picture. Bright. Nice menus and overall very intuitive. It was great while it worked.
Cons: After 30 days (of course past Newegg's RMA), the system turned itself off (no, not sleep mode or anything like that). A few days later again. I've now owned it for 2 months and I can't use the tv anymore. It powers itself off and on now. I tried unplugging it for a few mins. Same problem!! I thought Samsung tv's were great! Pff!
Other Thoughts: My first and last Samsung tv! I'll stick to Sony and LG from now on! Don't buy this tv refurbished. Actually, don't buy it at all otherwise you're risking a problem much sooner than later.READ FULL REVIEW