Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0
Pros: I have used this case since 2008 and it is still running great. In my opinion this is a great case for a first time build due to the cost, size, and fairly easy to installation of components.
- Option fan speeds
- Four case fans (large 200m on top)
- Ample room to put in components
- It has lasted 5 years with all fans and LEDs running fine.
- Made of steel largely, mounting points for HDDs and Disk Drives is solid
- Minimal cable management options (expect lots of cables to be threaded throughout the case) which can decrease airflow and cooling.
- Fans use molex power connections (unless they updated, which is probably unlikely) which mean more cables since they can't plug directly into a newer motherboard
- Due to a lack of room on the side panel without window, drives have to be mounted toward the back of the case which isn't bad but can lead to expandability problems if you have a lot of cables and/or a long video card.
- No dust filters, this case gets dusty everywhere and has to be dusted occasionally. I used just stock fans so you might have a better airflow directionality with aftermarket and/or putting a fan on the side with the window.
- As stated before, with three HDDs in the case, video card, and all other components, plugging stuff in is quite a challenge due to the amount of cables.
Other Thoughts: This case is great for entry level computer builders. While it doesn't offer the best cable management, dust filters, and expandability other more expensive cases offer, for the price it is well made and has lasted me half a decade.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Doesn't run super hot like other reviews, I played around 6 hours (note, i rarely play that much) straight of intense video games without any typical overheating signs. Very good high mid range card that will play all current games such as black ops (almost 125fps, lag free) constant with high to very high graphics and will probably play coming games for another few years. Overall performance is excellent. Full size HDMI cable is good, not like those other mini-HDMIs that other companies are sporting. Idle temp is at 30 degrees C.
Cons: I cannot give accurate statement of fan loudness as I usually play with giant headset that blocks a lot of sound. I never really notice it personally, even with speakers it would probably drain any sound out.
Other Thoughts: Great upgrade to my 9800 gtx+READ FULL REVIEW