Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Rosewill RK-9000RE - Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Red Switches
Pros: - Cherry Red keys are perfect for gaming and fast typing
- Exterior build quality and aesthetics is acceptable
- Price is reasonable; I bought it for about 70$
Cons: - Lettering becomes faded after extended use (WASD are noticeably worn out after a few months of use)
- As stated by many users the USB connection on the keyboard began moving around, causing it to disconnect upon movement
- Internal build quality is very cheap; low quality soldering
Other Thoughts: If you have some soldering ability, fixing the loose USB connector is a very simple job. The keyboard is held together with three 3 screws and some clips along the top and bottom of the keyboard. Once its opened, just re-solder at the loose connection(s). Obviously opening it up will void the warranty, but not having to deal with the RMA process was more important to me.
If you're looking for a cheap keyboard with cherry red switches and aren't afraid of taking a risk on dealing with the USB problem, I say go for it. For everyone else, look elsewhere. The mechanical keyboard market is highly competitive and there are many brands that don't have these sorts of problems. Rosewill is generally a good company, but this product has a serious quality control problem.
This review is from: MSI Notebook - NVIDIA Optimus increases battery life & performance FX720-001US Intel Core i5 2nd Gen 2410M (2.30 GHz) 6 GB Memory 640GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M 17.3" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Pros: - Beautiful large screen
- The keyboard layout is comfortable to use and gives good feedback
- Speakers can get make some noise
- Windows 7 runs great on this system, driver install was straight forward
- All those USB drives come in handy
Cons: - Battery life (ranges from 2-5 hours depending on use)
- The OEM installation of Windows is extremely slow
- Could be a good thing or a bad thing, but only about ~590GB is usable because space is reserved for an emergency restore ( you go into the BIOS and it resets everything back to factory spec )
- Material quality feels nice but it could be better
Other Thoughts: First thing I did when I got this computer was format the OEM system and install Windows 7 Ultimate. You'll need to install the modem driver from the CD, and the rest of the drivers will be installed automatically from there.
I bought this laptop because I wanted something with enough power for work and school, but was just as usable as my desktop at home (i7 920 @4GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX580) Though you definitely wont be playing games on this laptop, its one beast when it comes to media, and power-intensive applications. The few minor problems that it has, outweigh the positives of this great machine.
Some of the reviews say they get a lot of blue screens and problems which worried me at first, but Ive been using mine non-stop for a week now without any blue screens or application crashes.
This review is from: Tuniq TX-4 Extreme Performance and Exceptional Reliability Thermal Compound
Pros: - Easy to apply
- Fancy packaging
-Slightly better temperatures than Arctic Siver 5
Cons: 12$ and they only give you enough for 2 uses? Really?READ FULL REVIEW