Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Reliable.
- Good regulation.
- Good internal layout with 3 rows of large cast aluminum heat sinks.
Cons: - The sheet metal grill can bend into the fan.
Other Thoughts: My PC is running just ~20 hours / week, but still the PSU is 8 years old.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Fantastic industrial design.
- High performance in slim package.
- Great keyboard (decent travel, illuminated).
- Comes with a carrying sleeve.
- 4 USB3 ports, 2 Displayport ports, HDMI.
- 3 audio ports (has line-in, great for recording my synthesizer)
Cons: - Stereo speakers placed next to each other in the middle of the laptop, thus stereo is very poor. Sound quality is just OK.
- Keyboard illumination has very low frequency PWM, thus strobes RGB afterimages as I move my eyes around. Had to select 100% red to make the effect go away.
- Touchpad is very laggy, to the point where I overshoot UI buttons in daily use.
- Qualcomm LAN drivers needlessly wear the SSD (see "Other").
- Webcam is sensitive in the dark, but even in lit conditions, the image isn't crisp at all (reminds me of my first webcam 15 years ago).
Other Thoughts: Pre-ordered the laptop and Newegg delivered one day after the release on 11/12. It is the best looking laptop I have ever seen. On top of that, it is amazingly fast in the CPU, GPU and storage departments. Screen is a good TN panel.
There are a few caveats:
- The Qualcomm network manager service is writing to a useless log file (BWC.txt) at about 0.2 - 1MB/s. I disabled this service. LAN still works well. In general, I find it useful to open up the Resource Monitor to see if my system behaves as expected.
- The 128MB SSD is a bit small. So I migrated my user directory (where downloads, temp files, etc go) to the HDD. Also given that the laptop has 16GB RAM I also moved the pagefile to the HDD. With that I have almost 100GB for my programs.
- Provided software is useless to me. I disabled it all from starting up on boot using MS autoruns.
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-SG105 Unmanaged 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch, Metal Case, Power-Saving
Pros: - Can sustain 1 Gb/s transfers between 2 ports (haven't tried testing between multiple ports).
- Standard adapter plug.
- Solid construction.
Other Thoughts: I use it with friends on weekend LAN parties. The sturdy construction and standard plug (in case I forget the adapter) come in handy.READ FULL REVIEW