Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: VANTEC CB-STU3-2PB USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA HDD Adapter with Case
Pros: - Case comes completely apart (front and back) and adapter can be used by itself
- Supports Trim through the USB 3.0 (not all do, but this one does - tested using Trimcheck)
- Not bad speed using HDTach, 300Mbps burst, 200Mbps average.
Cons: - The entire case is a kind of frosted plastic. I would've preferred a metal case if I was using a physical hard drive, for heat, but it's fine with an SSD.
- The attached cable is very short, like maybe 6-8 inches.
Other Thoughts: As others pointed out, the adapter can be used by itself with a drive, for a quick use case, or you can put the case and the adapter together with the drive. Gives you some extra choices!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Copying large VM files to the SSD from Dell laptop via USB 3.0 Enclosure using Teracopy:
o Copy: 90 MB/sec
o Test: 188 MB/sec
Cons: - Really, none so far
Other Thoughts: - I was able to download their software from http://ssd.skhynix.com/ssd/en/support/download.jsp. There was:
o Firmware updater
o Migration app
o Management app
The above was for Windows 10.
Overall it seems like a heck of a deal.
Pros: - Installs perfectly in Dell M7510
- Removed original 16GB and installed the 4 sticks from this kit
Other Thoughts: If you have a M7510, to replace all 4 modules:
- Two of the modules are on the bottom side, under the bottom cover
- The other two are under the keyboard, and you have to (a) disconnect the keyboard cables (on the bottom), (b) remove the keyboard trim, and (c) the keyboard, in order to get to the top 2 modules. Google "M7510 disassembly" and there's at least on Youtube video.