Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Beautiful case
- Small footprint & Lightweight
- 2 x 8-Pin EPS12V (Server boards)
- Great packing (I was surprised)
Cons: None so far - We'll see how it compares to my 4 Ultra X3 1000 power supplies in reliability. Only time will tell.
Other Thoughts: 1 x Coolermaster Stacker 830 case
1 x Seasonic x750 Gold power supply
1 x Tyan S8236 mobo
2 x AMD 6128 CPUs
2 x Dynatron A6 cpu coolers
16GB Kingston ECC Unbuffered RAM (More coming soon)
1 x OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB
1 x Hitachi SATAII drive - 2TB
VMware ESXi 4.1
Pros: - 8 cores (16 with Dual CPU configuration
- Works great with VMware ESXi 4.1
- 10 VMs running ultra smooth!
Cons: CPU0 - IOAPIC error when bundled with Tyan S8236 motherboard and installing ESXi 4.1READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: TYAN S8236GM3NR SSI EEB Server Motherboard Dual Socket G34 AMD SR5690 DDR3 1333
Pros: 1. This is a really nice board. Easy configuration.
2. 2 x AMD 6128 + 16GB Kingston ECC RAM without issues.
3. Used fan management to avoid the Dynatron A6 coolers run at 100% all the time (LOUD)
4. Dual configuration flies!!!
Cons: 1. CPU socket layout made it more of a challenge for G34 cpu socket coolers.
2. Clear CMOS jumper was set to default. Would not POST
3. I get a CPU0 - IOAPIC error when loading ESXi 4.1
I bought this board exclusively for ESXi - Seems to be working OK though.
Other Thoughts: I am still debating if I should get a Dell PowerEdge R610
and keeping this as a spare (second ESXi server) or will become my desktop/workstation.
I am not a Intel nor AMD fanboy. For the past 6 years I have used Intel in all my builds...but these AMDs flies!
10 VMs and running ultra smooth.