Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold, urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder and now hunted by cops and the mob, Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Prepare for a new breed of deep-action gaming. Prepare for pain...
Developed by Remedy Entertainment and produced by 3D Realms, Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting for his justice while uncovering plot-twists and twisted thugs in the gritty bowels of New York during the century's worst blizzard. Max Payne is an original third-person 3D game based on the MAX-FX engine, and uses photo-digitized textures and radiosity lighting. This results in it being one of the most realistic looking games ever seen on the PC.
- Feel the PainStory is the bedrock of Max Payne. Yes, it is chock full of mind-blowing gunplay. But at every turn, a new and clever piece of noir strorytelling will motivate you forward and illuminate the action.
- Realism to the MaxThe first PC games with photo-digitlized textures, radiosity lighting, and hardware T&L combined. All this tech talk means gameplay never looked this real!
- Bullet-Time GameplaySlo-Mo gives you an inventive advantageover your opposition, and also happens to be the coolest device ever employed in an action game.
- Auto-Adjusting Gameplay: Another First in Gaming.You want the action to be challenging and intense, but not unfair and frustrating. The game's self-adjusting difficulty keeps you in the sweet spot of gameplay.
- Play It Your WayThe most powerful, easiest-to-use game ever released is in your creative hands. With WYSIWYG-style editing (PC version only), you can even re-create your house or workplace!
- Painstaking Attention to DetailEven the bullets are modeled accurately, resulting in realistic and cinematic gameplay unlike anything you've ever seen. Everything is destructible and comes apart realistically. You've never played action sequences with this level of demolition.