- Sale Ends in 2 Days (Sun) -
Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 Samsung V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8P1T0B/AM
- M.2 2280
- PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
Take your computer to the next level with the Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD. Boasting hyper fast speeds and constant high performance, it makes everything happen in the blink of an eye. Incredible durability means you can count on it for years to come.
Get read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s1 with 980 PRO and push the limits of what SSDs can do. Powered by a new Elpsis controller designed to harmonize the flash memory components and the interface for superior speed – with a PCIe 4.0 interface2 that's 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs3 and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs4 – every component of this NVMe SSD is manufactured by Samsung for performance that lasts.
A winning combination
Designed for hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It's fast at loading games, so you can play more and wait less.
Efficient M.2 SSD
The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops. Due to its size and thus optimized power efficiency, it's ideal for building high-performance computing systems.
Reliable thermal control
High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
Smart thermal solution
Embedded with Samsung's cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance, while minimizing performance fluctuations during extended usage.
Samsung Magician software
Unlock the full potential of 980 PRO with Samsung Magician's advanced, yet intuitive optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you're always getting the best performance out of your SSD.
World's No.1 Flash Memory Brand
Experience the performance and reliability that you can only get from the world's number one brand5 for flash memory since 2003. All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.
|Max Sequential Read||Up to 6,400 MB/s||Up to 6,900 MB/s||Up to 7,000 MB/s||Up to 7,000 MB/s|
|Max Sequential Write||Up to 2,700 MB/s||Up to 5,000 MB/s||Up to 5,000 MB/s||Up to 5,100 MB/s|
1. Performance may vary depending on the SSD's firmware version and the system hardware & system configuration. Performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are: up to 500MB/s(250GB), 1,000MB/s(500GB) and 2,000MB/s (1TB and 2TB).
2. To maximize the performance of the 980 PRO, please check whether your system supports PCIe 4.0 at the Intel or AMD website.
3. Results are based on a comparison with Samsung PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSDs and SATA SSDs.
4. Test system configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor CPU@3.79GHz, DDR4 2666MHz 16GBx2, OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset-ASUS-X570-ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA
5. Source: 2003-2019 IHS Markit data: NAND suppliers' revenue market share.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 5 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 5 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy