Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 250 Ohm Hi-Fi Semi-Open Back Headphones
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home
- Neutral highs and bass tones and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Model Number: 481793
Natural, vibrant sound with unrivalled spaciousness will be channeled into your ears with ambient noise attenuated. The DT 880 Edition is ideal for home use. And Semi-open headphones have been part of the beyerdynamic portfolio for 20 years and still enjoy exceptional popularity.
- Semi-open, circumaural headphones for use at home
- Neutral and balanced sound
- Excellent wearing comfort: pleasant contact pressure, soft headband pad and ear pads, and single-sided cable
- High-quality materials: robust and flexible spring steel headband construction, yokes and decorative rings made from aluminum, and decorative genuine metal cover
- All components are available as replacement parts.
- Made in Germany
The DT 880 Edition sounds very neutral and relaxed. The bass reproduction penetrates very deeply, but is not overstated. This feature is particularly appealing to lovers of jazz and classical music because it gives the headphones a really transparent sound and makes the individual components of the music clearly audible. Thanks to its semi-open design, the DT 880 Edition allows some ambient noise to penetrate and escape, but attenuates it somewhat stronger than in the case of a fully open headphone such as the DT 990 Edition.
The over-ear headphones are very light for their size and ensure a pleasant fit thanks to their carefully selected materials. The soft ear pads are made from breathable and skin-friendly velour, effectively keeping any build-up of heat away from your ears and allowing you to enjoy music for hours. The combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminum ensure a comfortable fit and an excellent stability.
The DT 880 Edition is identical to the DT 880 PRO when it comes to sound. That's because similarly designed acoustic transducers are used for both headphones. However, the Edition models have a somewhat softer headband for enjoying music at home with maximum comfort while the PRO headset has a slightly tighter fit on the head so that it doesn't move even in everyday studio use. Moreover, the Edition version is supplied with a straight cable and the PRO version with a coiled cable.
Models with an impedance of 32 ohms are extremely versatile and are also ideal for use on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets for example.
The 250-ohm headphones were developed primarily for use at home on a stereo system.
The 600-ohm version gets the best out of hi-fi systems with especially powerful headphone outputs or special headphone amplifiers.
The DT 880 stands for quality "Made in Germany". Only the best quality parts are used for these over-ears which are handcrafted in Germany with great care and attention to detail. Many of the parts can also be exchanged and replaced, so you are guaranteed a product that will endure into the future.
- Leather storage bag incl. zipper
- Jack adapter 6,35 mm
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 2 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 2 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy