Pros: - Small
- Nice Color
- Flipping the screen all the way back is neato
- 500GB of physical storage
- Long battery life
- The tiny charger looked adorable next to my massive ASUS ROG laptop charger
- Touchscreen was actually easier to use than the mouse pad most of the time (I normally hate touchscreens so I was impressed at its responsiveness)
Cons: - Windows 10: Not a problem with the machine itself, I'm just saying its a problem
- Keyboard was a little weird to get used too. Space bar took more pressure than I thought normal. Didnt take long to get used too though
- Slow for my taste but I wasn't expecting it to be ultra fast. I am also used to higher end PCs and SSDs so for an average user, the speed is adequate.
- The reason I took off an egg: Comes with a handful of preinstalled Acer programs. It is nitpicky but it irritates me. When I start up a new computer, I expect a fresh install of the OS, not a sorta fresh install with programs that I now have to uninstall. I would have liked to have the option either via a download link or install cd(or thumb drive since there is no disc drive on this).
Overall Review: I bought this for my wife to use while going to school. It fits her needs perfectly and so far she has no complaints. I was looking to purchase just a basic laptop with physical storage (not a cloud book or chrome book or any other of that jazz) and I had a hard time finding what I was looking for. This was the first thing that fit my needs that didn't break the bank. Although I was hoping to find something around the 200$ price range, because this is an "ultrabook" I accepted the extra price. Mostly I just liked the color and couldn't find anything else cheaper. The swivel feature and touchscreen is kind of cool to play with though. Pointless in my opinion, but ya know, a fun party trick...if you're into that sort of thing. All in all, if you need a travel sized laptop with good battery life just to get some work done and maybe watch netflix, I recommend this.
Pros: Being able to use it as a laptop or a tablet is great. If you want a simple netbook to tote around, this is fine. It recharges quite quickly.
Cons: The thing I like the least is the display. The screen has to be set just so to look right. It gets darker at any off angle. Also the keyboard does not light up, so I need like to be able to use it properly. I'm not crazy about the app selections for Windows 10, but of course that isn't the fault of this netbook. The screen is dark enough that I keep it on full brightness. But of course that sucks up the battery so much faster.
Overall Review: Overall I wouldn't recommend it too much. I would prefer a much better screen, one I could see well from slightly off straight ahead. The screen itself is rather dark, and I have it up on full brightness.