Supermicro proves that servers do not have to be huge. This micro-ATX server motherboard supports Intel Xeon 3000 Sequence processors along with Core 2 Quad and Duo processors. It has a maximum FSB speed of 1333MHz and can support up to 8GB of DDR2 800/667 memory.
The board has an ICH9R South Bridge and 6 SATA II ports. This lets you set up a large RAID array. The controller supports levels 0, 1, 5 and 10. You can add additional storage to the 7 USB 2.0 ports.
Keeping a server cool is important, which is why there are 6x4-pin fan headers. There is tachometer monitoring of all the fans and firmware speed control.
- Intel Xeon Processor SupportThe onboard 775-pin LGA Socket supports Intel's entry-level Xeon processors including the Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor 3300/3200 sequence and Dual-Core Xeon Processor E3100/3000 sequence as well as non-Xeon processors based on the Conroe-L 400 core.
- Integrated XGI Z9S Graphics CoreThe integrated XGI Z9S graphics core features the low power requirement less than 1.5-watt and a DVO interface for remote server management and KVM over IP solutions, delivering best-in-class performance, reliability, compatibility and longevity.
- Supports up to 8GB ECC/ non-ECC DDR2 SDRAMFour 240-pin DIMM sockets support unbuffered ECC/non-ECC DDR2 677 and 800 SDRAM in capacities of up to 8GB.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board six SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe Supermicro MBD-X7SBL-LN1-O features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mbps data transfer rates with advanced security features to ward off malicious attacks. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.