Synology DiskStation DS1812+ offers a high-performance, scalable, and full-featured network attached storage solution that meets the needs of small and medium-sized businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, and rapidly scale storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and management.
- High Performance, High Data AvailabilityWith the Link Aggregation enabled, Synology DS1812+ delivers an average 194.48 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 202.20 MB/sec reading. Coming with USB 3.0 support which offers transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbps, namely 10 times faster than USB 2.0, DS1812+ takes less time for data transfer for external hard drives and consumes less power. Synology DS1812+ brings you the high performance that your data-intensive applications demand for a storage system, and offers the ability to scale the storage capacity.
- High ReliabilitySynology DS1812+ is now introduced with the fanless CPU heatsink to prevent the single point of failure. With the CPU passive cooling technology, Synology DS1812+ achieves the high reliability system design. When one of your system fans malfunctions, the built-in system fan redundancy mechanism can extend service uptime by keeping the remaining fan running and your DS1812+ performing basic operations until the replacement fan arrives. The 2 LAN with failover support and hot-swappable drives will ensure continual service uptime should the drives need replacement or the unexpected LAN failure occurs.
- Robust & Affordable Scalability Up to 72TBWhen the storage capacity of the Synology DS1812+ is nearing its limits, it can easily be expanded with the Synology DX5102. The Synology DX510 securely connects to the Synology DS1812+ via an eSATA cable of specially-designed connectors on both ends to ensure maximum throughput. The Synology DX510 can directly expand the existing storage on the Synology DS1812+ to a maximum 72TB capacity.
- Unified-Architecture and Virtualization ReadySynology DS1812+ runs on the novel operating system, Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), which integrates file-level and block-level storage in one unified storage system. Comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS) assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI is also supported allowing large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks. With the iSCSI support, DS1812+ provides a seamless storage solution for virtualization servers, such as VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V. Thin Provisioning is available for file-level iSCSI, enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and then grow storage space as needed in safety.
- Full-featured Business ApplicationsThe operation system Synology DSM offers applications and features designed specifically for SMBs. Directory Server package can turn DS1812+ into an LDAP-based directory server within minutes. Windows ACL support on DS1812+ provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing IT staffs to set up privileges to files and folders on DS1812+ through their familiar Windows user interface. Internet file access is simplified with the included encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, the built-in firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level.A wealth of additional features allows the Synology DS1812+ to replace several pieces of network hardware including Synology Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL, Synology Surveillance Station, built-in mail server and USB printer sharing capability.
- Energy Efficient DesignSynology DiskStation are designed and developed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with the average PC counterparts, Synology DS1812+ consumes only 50.6 watts in operation. The support of wake on LAN, scheduled power on/off and hard drive hibernation can further reduce power consumption and operation cost.