A 802.11ac tri-band gaming router that delivers top-notch performance to help you get the most out of your high-end gaming rig. Gain a competitive edge in the heat of battle. Enjoy smooth, buffering-free browsing and streaming and keep the whole family protected when they are online.
- Wi-Fi Made for Gamers – Dominate the competition with WiFi made for gamers and gaming families
- Battle-Tested Processing – 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU, three co-processors and 1 GB RAM
- Prioritized Performance – Set the QoS engine to gaming mode to keep your connection fast when everyone is online
- Connect More Devices – Tri-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 5400 Mbps over one 2.4 GHz (1000 Mbps) and two 5 GHz (2167 Mbps) bands*
- Adept Multi-Tasking – MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness serve multiple connections and distribute Wi-Fi and optimize performance**
- Far-Reaching Coverage – RangeBoost strengthens reception and beamforming sends targeted Wi-Fi to keep devices connected at farther distances than other routers*
- Doubled Wired Speeds – Link Aggregation teams two of the eight Gigabit LAN ports or one LAN with the WAN port to double the connection speed
- Comprehensive Security – Powerful antivirus works to protect all your devices from cyber threats with a free lifetime subscription of HomeCare***
Battle-Tested Processing Architecture
Quad-core means power. A leading-edge 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU, three co-processors and 1 GB RAM work tirelessly at the heart of your network command center to deliver the power you need to frag with confidence.
While the three co-processors balance Wi-Fi demand, the quad-core CPU executes every service, thread and application to accelerate loading and deliver smooth gameplay.
Intelligent Traffic Prioritization
The dynamic optimization engine runs relentlessly to identify traffic, optimize throughput and eradicate latency for a premium quality of service according to standard presets or custom settings.
Prioritize gaming above all other activities for a tactical advantage during heated raids, PvP encounters and ranked matches. When you aren’t gaming, fast-track streaming to watch immersive 4K movies with stunning clarity.
Blistering Wi-Fi Speed
Get into the action with incredible AC5400 tri-band Wi-Fi speeds over the 2.4 GHz (1000 Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167 Mbps). Three Wi-Fi bands make it easier to streamline your network and stay competitive in the heat of battle.
Dedicate one band to gaming traffic while the remaining two deliver high-speed Wi-Fi to the rest of your home, or enable Smart Connect and have the router zero in on the best Wi-Fi band for every device, intelligently driving them to peak performance.
Wi-Fi for Every Device
The gaming router harnesses MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness to understand your Wi-Fi needs and serve every connection with speed and precision, maximizing total throughput and response rates.
Calibrated metrics and sophisticated algorithms determine how the router divides air time and distributes dedicated Wi-Fi streams to each device, leaving you to focus on taking down the opposition instead of fighting your allies for bandwidth.
Doubled Wired Connectivity
The Archer C5400X offers twice as many Gigabit Ethernet ports as most other routers. Plug your PCs, smart TVs and game consoles into one of the eight Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast and reliable wired connections without needing a separate switch.
Team two LAN ports using Link Aggregation to double connection speeds from 1 Gbps to 2 Gbps for Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices and PCs. Combine the WAN port with a LAN port to connect DOCSIS 3.1 modems for best-in-industry internet speeds.
Comprehensive Threat Protection
Defend your system from malicious threats that can sneak through downloads and file sharing. TP-Link HomeCare, powered by Trend Micro, protects every device from the latest cyber threats with powerful security, built-in antivirus and cutting-edge intrusion prevention.
Safer Browsing with VPN Access
Public Wi-Fi can be dangerous. Protect your data by accessing the internet through the router's built-in VPN server, which creates an encrypted VPN connection back to your home whenever you are using public Wi-Fi.
Stay safe while browsing the web and downloading files on public Wi-Fi as VPN Acceleration speeds up OpenVPN connections to your router at home.
* Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
** MU-MIMO capability requires client devices that also support MU-MIMO.
*** Free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare is included with purchase on select TP-Link routers at no additional cost. “Lifetime Subscription” refers solely to the life of the purchased device and cannot be transferred. TP-Link reserves the right to modify the service and feature at any time.