Using the latest Mesh technology, the Deco M5 creates a strong, reliable Wi-Fi network that covers your entire home, so you can roam in and around your big house without having to manually switch= to different SSIDs. Compliant with 802.11ac standards, the dual-band Deco M5 delivers wireless speed of 400Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps on 5GHz. Each unit comes equipped with a quad-core processor to handle the heavy traffic, four internal antennas, and incorporates an array of advanced features including MU-MIMO and Beamforming for improved performance and networking experiences.
Two GbE ports work as LAN or WAN port based on connected devices, offering you the ability to connect and bridge wired devices to your Wi-Fi network. The free-download Deco app lets you get your Mesh network up and running in minutes, and monitor and manage your network at home or away from home. Moreover, with a sleek, stylish design, the Deco M5 seamlessly blends in with various living space, blanketing your entire home with reliable, blazing-fast Wi-Fi.
This two-pack kit delivers a coverage of up to 3,800 sq. ft, and more units can be added to further extend the coverage.
Strong, Seamless Wi-Fi across Your Home
Whether you have a one-floor ranch-style home or a two-story Victorian, Deco M5 keeps you connected in every room. Both Deco units can be placed exactly where you need them to deliver up to 3,800 sq. ft. of strong, fast Wi-Fi from the corner bedroom to the backyard.
With two units, Deco M5 supports far more devices than a single Wi-Fi router and easily eliminates dead zones and buffering throughout your home.
One Wi-Fi Network with the Best Connections
Deco M5 keeps you connected in every room without you having to switch networks or remember different passwords. And with TP-Link Adaptive Routing Technology, Deco M5 automatically finds the best connection for every device. Now, you can move across your home and always have strong Wi-Fi.
Guides You Through Setup
With your phone and the Deco app, you can set up your network in minutes. Just follow the app to find the best spot to place each unit and enjoy great Wi-Fi anywhere in your home.
Comprehensive Wi-Fi Security and Antivirus
Deco M5 guards your Wi-Fi and personal information against incoming cyber threats. Deco M5 also protects every device, including Wi-Fi cameras and smart locks, from viruses and malware.
Keep the internet safe and fun for your kids. Create profiles for each person and use existing filters or set your own to automatically block websites. Plus, see which sites they’re using, set time limits and even pause the internet with the Deco app.
Features at a Glance
- Each Deco M5: AC1300 dual-band Wi-Fi (400Mbps on 2.4GHz & 867Mbps on 5GHz)¹
- Quad-core processor
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports (auto-config for LAN/WAN)
- Four Internal Omnidirectional Antennas
- TP-Link HomeCare powered by Trend Micro comes with powerful antivirus, robust parental controls and dynamic bandwidth prioritization (QoS)²
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control
- Works with IFTTT, letting you create your own recipes and applets
- Easy to set up with guided visuals from the Deco app
- TP-Link Adaptive Routing Technology (ART) chooses the fastest path for device connections and keeps your network running as fast as possible
- Network optimization and prioritization delivers the best experience by assigning more bandwidth to devices as needed
- Remote management keeps you in control even when you aren't home³
1. Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage and number of connected devices are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition. MU-MIMO capability requires client devices that also support MU-MIMO.
2. TP-Link HomeCareTM powered by Trend MicroTM (HomeCare) is included for 3 years from date of activation at no additional cost, after which would require an opt-in subscription at an additional cost. Opting-out of this subscription will disable certain features. For a complete list of HomeCare functionalities go to the HomeCare page on the TP-Link website.
3. To access remote network-management features, customers must sign up for a free TP-Link account.