NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface. The 8600 GT has a blazing core clock speed of 620 MHz and a 1600 MHz memory clock give you the speed you need. State-of-the-art SLI technology delivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unparalleled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel.
It ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL applications. NVIDIA® nView® Multi-display Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors. It also features the latest advanced technologies including GigaThread™ Technology, which, through a massively multi-threaded architecture creates thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency for advanced, next generation shader programs.
Additionally, This amazing unit supports Quantum Effects™ Technology, enabling a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU as well as support for NVIDIA's Lumenex™ engine, which introduces 16x Anti-aliasing and 128-bit floating point High-Dynamic-Range (HDR) rendering for the most realistic lighting effects.
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with GigaThread TechnologyThe Fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe world's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16x anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating "jaggies".
- NVIDIA Quantum Effects TechnologyNVIDIA Quantum Effects Technology enables advanced shader processors architected for physics computation and a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU - all the while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.
- Built for Microsoft Windows VistaBuilt for Windows Vista, NVIDIA's third-generation GPU architecture offers users the best possible experience using the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface available in Microsoft latest operating system.