XFX and NVIDIA's main goal with this card is to put DirectX 10 capabilities into the mid range buyers' hands. Like all members of the 8800 family, the new XFX 8800 GTS 320MB graphics card shares all of the same features as the 8800 GTX and GTS. The funny thing is, with a little overclocking magic, this 320MB card will actually perform its more capacious big brother.
This amazingly talented card features :NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology; Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 support; NVIDIA SLI ready;16x full-screen anti-aliasing; True 128-bit floating-point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting; NVIDIA quantum effects physics processing technology; Two dual-link DVI outputs support two 2560x1600 resolution displays; NVIDIA PureVideo technology; PCI Express support; OpenGL 2.0 support; and NVIDIA nView multi-display technology. This is close enough to the "bleeding edge" of video card tech to keep the real game geeks happy, and still stable and powerful enough for the graphics guru trying to get the most from the system!
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with UltraThread TechnologyThe Fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe world's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16x anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating “jaggies”.
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- Built for Microsoft Windows VistaBuilt for Windows Vista, NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture offers users the best possible experience using the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface available in Microsoft latest operating system.