Plug into any USB 2.0 laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet Network. USB 2.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 480Mbs. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbs Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbs Gigabit ethernet via USB. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds.
- Add an additional network interface to any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer via a simple USB adapter
- Improve the connectivity speed of your current 100Mbs Fast Ethernet computer when a Gigabit Ethernet network is available (see details below on Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 speeds)
- Improved connectivity speed vs. computers currently connected over Wifi/802.11 wireless networks
- USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting gigabit ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds
- Drivers for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.6-10.8: driver installation not required, uses OS X built-in driver.
- Linux: built into kernel 3.2 and above, earlier kernels require download and compile.
- Supports 10/100/1000 with auto-sensing (IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab)
- Supports auto MDIX (straight and cross cable auto-detection)
- ASIX AX88178 Controller – Jumbo packets up to 9KB (Windows only), along with suspend mode and remote wakeup
Works using in-built drivers (no software install required) on:
- All Google Chromebook systems running latest updates (Chrome OS)
- ASUS Transformer Prime and Infinity convertible tablets (Android)
- NVIDIA Shield gaming tablet (Android)
The gigabit adapter does not have built-in drivers for the Wii or Linux prior to kernel 3.3.
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.