Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Kaspersky Multi- Device 2015 5 User - Download
Pros: - price A 5-multi device pkg for $19.99
- good reputation
Cons: - download setup. It would be nice to have the multi-device download as one pkg, in addition to individual downloads that are offered.
The webpage for android and ios offer a URL and a QR-barcode to scan with your phone.
i am NOT ready to install yet, as my current AV is good until July 2015 on my droid phone and Nov2015 on my PCs. But the sale for 5 devices for $19.99 was too good to pass up.
Plus, you do need to download within 30 days, as per Neweggs terms for D/L softwares.
Other Thoughts: I wish voting had at least 3categories instead of just one.
I think Kaspersky is in the top 3 AV suites.
But the download setup could be better.
This review is from: Tenda FH1206 High Power Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Router
Pros: 1. DB
2. long antennas
Cons: 1. Only 3 wired ports, not the normal 4 I'm seen on every other wireless router I've owned [except for a pocket sized "travel router"].
2. wired ports are only 10/100. Would have been better if the port speed was made as gigabit.
3. Limited character choices for creating passwords.
Good IT Security practice stresses that you "Make your passwords hard to guess".
A lot of people, myself included, accomplish that by using "special characters". EXAMPLES: use the "$" dollar sign in place of the letter "S". Or the "!" exclamation sign in place of the letter "I" or number "1".
The special characters would not work when I was creating router login passwords WTH???
Other Thoughts: This could become a really nice wireless router if a few issues get fixed. I'm just glad I got it when it was on sale.
With return S&H and any restock fees, I did not want to return it. Luckily a friend needed one, so I gave them this Tenda.
I ended up giving this Tenda router away to a friend at Christmas time, as they really needed a new router. I bought myself a different one. I replaced the Tenda with a Rosewill RNX-AC750RT. The "Rosie" has DB, 4 Gigabit Wired ports, allows special characters in creating log-in passwords and more.
It was a Win-Win and made for a nicer Christmas season all around. [a friend solved their family's home routing problem, I could feel happy to have helped them out in some small way, plus I got a Rosewill router that much better fit my needs].
Pros: 1. Decent price
2. Gigabit LAN ports [Works well with my Silicondust Homerun Prime triple HDTV tuner. I experienced some screen breakup-blocks when using the old 10/100 wired router with my SiliconDust Homerun Prime]
4. Easy to use interface
5. When creating the WPA2 password, everything seems fair game. Am able to use Upper case, Lower case, numbers, special characters
Cons: 1. Despite changing the "admin" user name and password to different values, "saving" my work then rebooting my entire computer, I am stiill able to login with the default ADMIN
username and default ADMIN password.
Other Thoughts: I bought this to replace a Tenda dual-band I bought like a month or more earlier. I was not watching the Tenda SPEC's closely and the Tenda FH1206 did not work out for me for two reasons:
1. specifically the allowed-characters for use in creating admin passwords on the Tenda did NOT allow "special characters"]. WTH?? [I like to make my passwords a bit difficult. Like throw in some "$ dollar signs" in place of the letter"S". Or some "!" exclamation marks in place of the letter "I" or the number "1"]
2. No 10/100 wired LAN ports [my oversight in not reviewing the SPECs closer before ordering].
I gave the Tenda FH1206 away to someone as a Christmas gift and bought this rosewill to replace it.
So far this Rosewill has been easy to setup and except for the ADMIN password change issue, everything has worked fine.
It's nice to see a "house-brand" product actually work as well as some of the better known "name-brand" products.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.