Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Fast, efficient, low power (~10% less power than traditional RAM)
- Looks very attractive, Mrs. Motherboard likes this plug n' play
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: This is the second time I've purchased this RAM, Samsung aced it both times.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Pros: - lowest power consumption in its class
- you know there's a cool looking thing inside your device
- high read
Cons: - Included software is not good in regards to data migration, visit the samsung website to get the migration software.
- low write speeds (compared to other ssds!)
- do not download Norton Ghost from their website, it's a trial and seems to have many unnecessary MBs worth of data for a migration (over 250 more than standard migration software!)
Other Thoughts: This is an efficient drive. I believe it's intended to be used in a laptop thus mounting brackets aren't necessary. This is just speculation though. There are SSDs that consume a little bit more juice but have near double the write speed and most likely the same reliability - or a warranty that is attractive.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Has a solid feel and metal finish but still light
- Runs cool and quiet compared to other laptops
- Gen 3 i5 is a monster
- GT 635M (renamed GT 555M) scores well against top of the line laptops 2 years ago but with greater efficiency.
- 1600MHz Ram (4gb + 2gb)
- Sound is the best I've heard on a laptop
- Windows 8 is fast
- Simple BIOS
- Touchpad supports gestures
- Keyboard feels great and has full numpad
- Drivers already installed
Cons: - Screen is high gloss, if you don't like glossy screens you will not like high gloss.
- The laptop does not have a secure closing mechanism for the lid.
- 5400 rpm hard drive (though it saves battery, for MMO styled games it would be a great idea to get an SSD or 7200rpm drive)
- Seemingly lots of bloatware (except SugarSync <3). Some of the bloatware is not healthy for Newegg advertisement wise.
- Webcam quality isn't that great but perfect for video calls.
- Charger has an 'L' style cable output which seems fragile.
- Touchpad is large and if you aren't strictly using it to browse it may get in the way.
Other Thoughts: The RAM is 1600MHz and if I knew that I wouldn't of purchased 8GB of new RAM. There are screen protectors that can be placed on the screen to cover the high gloss finish which would be an option for me since I'm not a fan of gloss and especially high gloss. Back in the day when laptops were 3-4" thick having a thinner laptop was attractive. Modern times a laptop under 1.5" is thin enough to be portable and thick enough to be durable for prolonged use. I'm glad I chose this laptop over my second option - an ultrabook!READ FULL REVIEW