Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Zmodo KNS4-IASFZ4ZN-1TB 4Ch WiFi NVR with 1TB HDD & 4 Wireless IP IR Cam Kit
Pros: None so far.
Cons: Wow. What a HUGE disappointment. Where to begin? I guess I'll go through my experiences from the very beginning.
1. Instructions are horrible, everywhere (in print, on website, and on software). Expect instructions (or lack thereof) to not be complete, not cover possible errors, and be scattered into several documents. You will literally have to search and guess.
There is a slip of colored paper that has a website for you to go to download the software. The link is broken and I had to search for it on Google.
2. Slots on the back are in the most awkward positions all tight together. You literally cannot unplug the network cable if you have the monitor plugged into it already. USB slots are also right under the VGA port.
3. Devices have to be set up via Ethernet cable before it can be set up wireless.
4. Cameras are showing about one frame every 50 seconds over WiFi (and I have a typical Linksys router with great signal). I read online though that others have this problem before downloading a firmware update.
5. The firmware update is not available online? It apparently has to be requested through their technical support! (As of the time of this writing, their support is unavailable, so I'm left to wait until tomorrow)
Firmware also has to be updated via USB. It can't just be downloaded and installed like a normal operating system would allow... Why?
6. The software for searching the cameras commonly does not find the devices, although I got them showing on the monitor.
7. Extra rant: Their website has false reviews to encourage people to buy their product... Every one of the reviews has a rating of 5 out of 5 and they also have the exact same punctuation errors! (there is a space missing before every period and comma). That is completely unethical to type your own reviews to trick users into buying your product.
8. Zmodo's Android app is not any better. There are bugs everywhere and it seems impossible to understand how to connect to the NVR and cameras. It's confusing, and there is virtually no documentation for it (they mention it briefly in one of the documents from the download).
9. Error messages are EVERYWHERE! Not only do they occur often. but they were written by someone either not fluent in English or by a 6 year old. Here are some examples (letter-by-letter):
Main thread is running search ,Please waitting !
10. The settings are not intuitive, as claimed. You will definitely need to spend some time jotting down port numbers, IP addresses, and hope you get everything down right.
I hope that I can edit this review (not often I type them) in case Zmodo replies back and gives me some insight. I really would like to get this product working, if at all possible.
Other Thoughts: By the way, I have a Bachelors of Business Administration in Management Information Systems and run a technology company. You will not only need a technical person to help you, but a very patient one to work with you on this if you don't understand computer networks.
Hope to hear back from Zmodo!
This review is from: GTMax Black PU Leather Stand Case for Acer ICONIA TAB A200 / A210
Pros: This is a pretty good case. It wraps around the tablet nicely and the designers had the foresight to have the fluffy side of the velcro toward the tablet to not damage it going in and out. All the ports are also clearly visible and nothing is covered. In fact, even the small speaker holes has it's own place in the case. Amazing. It also folds up in a stand, which is pretty sweet.
Cons: None to think of.
Other Thoughts: Would be nice if it had a place to put a stylus pen, but that would have been an extra plus.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Great product for the price. One thing that is very impressive to me is the battery life. I can have it on for days at a time (using it sparingly). The screen is huge and it feels sturdy.
Cons: Does not seem very good for stylus pens. It appears to not be sensitive enough for it. Also, as another person mentions, there are a few glitches when running 3D applications. I tried one that was installed on there (HD Solitaire) and it was not playable due to the glitching.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.