Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
Pros: - Excelent cooling ability.
- Pretty lights
- LGA1511 support for later upgrades.
- Nicely braided tubing
Cons: - Copper plates gets very easily scratched
- Unclear instructions. The backplate did not stay firm unless I used 3 washers for each holes (not included in the direction)
- The biggest problem of all, the pump makes some very annoying rattling sound, The previous generation used to
Other Thoughts: Honestly, all cons are very minor with the exception of the rattling sound. I should be able to reduce the pump rpm in the link program, but it shouldn't come with the rattling pump by default. Morever, I'm having a problem having the pump recognized at all.
Overall, Great item with minor flaws.
This review is from: XFX Radeon R9 290 R9290AENFC 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 CrossFireX Support Video Card
Pros: It's a great card. The strengths of this card are:
1. Running all games at max.
2. Surprisingly not that loud (unless you manually ramp up the rpm)
3. Gracious 4GB memory (Finally, I can use 4K textures on my bacon)
4. Price/Performance (I'm talking MSRP)
5. If you manually ramp up the fan to 100%, you can't hear your annoying gf/bf/parents.
6. Run a stress test and use the card to warm your room.
Cons: It also comes with cons:
1. The card seems to be unstable. I occasionally get my second 1080p monitor all pixel-shuffled. when I boot the system. It requires restart to work properly (hopefully). Switching the monitor around did not help.
2. Playing Skyrim with 2K resolution textures and ~60 other mods, It seems to struggle a lot. Framerates vary between 20-60 (v-sync on) and looking at the afterburner, you can see the core clock jump between 700-950 like crazy. I thought it was a heat issue first, but even when I bump up the rpm for the fan, the problem won't go away.
Other Thoughts: I would love to get a second one and watercool the card. However, at this price point, just get a GTX780. This card may not be appealing unless you are a cyrptominer.READ FULL REVIEW