Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - Retail
Pros: There's a 4TB hard drive inside. Maybe you can remove it, reformat it, and stick it in a proper NAS that works.
Cons: Pretty much everything. It's almost hard to pick something to begin with.
- Absolutely pathetic transfer speeds due to a lack of Gigabit Ethernet.
- Absolutely pathetic transfer speeds over USB (what they actually suggest you do for large files).
- The desktop app forgets the IP of the NAS even if you set it to a static IP.
- Usage for each shares shows as 0KB even when the drive is almost completely full.
- Disconnects for no reason at all.
- Cannot for the life of me get the web-UI to work unless I first hard reset the NAS. After that it takes about 10 minutes for it to figure out it's a NAS again.
- Once you finally get the web-ui to load, it takes FOREVER to do anything. I just now clicked on a help link and it took 15 seconds to pull it up... and it's just text.
Other Thoughts: I can't remember the last time I gave something 1 egg. This product is THAT bad. If I had known then what I know now, I would have just saved the money for a Synology or Drobo. They are well worth the extra cost. If you're tech savvy, maybe FreeNAS would be an even better option. Either way, even the most novice of user would be better served by something... anything... else.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: VANTEC HDA-250M 2.5" to 3.5" Mounting Kit
Pros: It's solid metal.
Cons: The screw holes are NOT STANDARD!
If you have a Lian-Li case with any type of vibration resistant mounting, DO NOT BUY THIS! It WILL NOT screw in, and you WILL NOT be able to mount it to your case.
Other Thoughts: Now I have to pay to ship this piece of junk back... which means I'll lose money because the design is stupid.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Has all the features of the 012-P3-1572-AR, but also includes the high-flow bracket in the back.
Cons: NO LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!!
This is the only reason I buy eVGA and if this is a new trend, I will promptly STOP buying their products.
Buy the 012-P3-1572-AR instead. The bracket isn't worth the warranty.