Skip to: |

Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.

If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

Sign up today for a 30-day free trial of Newegg Premier
  • Shipping Destination: United States
  • Wish List
  • Feedback
  • Help
Search all
Search
Home
Home > 
Daniel H.'s Profile > 
All Reviews
  • Find Reviews
  • Find

Showing Results: Most Recent

Asus TAICHI 21 21-DH51 Ultrabook/Tablet - 11.6
  • Owned For: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: Light weight
Feels sturdy

Cons: Every day I find another reason to regret spending money on this.

Other Thoughts: There are driver issues with everything. The windows updates constantly lock up the computer for hours and days on end. The touchpad keeps forgetting how to work. I'm sure if I sat down and researched the solutions for hours on end I could get it running fine, but I work full time and go to school. I just wanted something simple for school that I did not have to fix constantly, but just when I need it to finish an assignment it fails again and I sit there wondering why I did not just spare myself the agony and run over it with my car.

READ FULL REVIEW
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Verified Owner
  • Owned For: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: Got the board in there nice and easy, it fired right up and everything worked with little or no effort. The wifi is great and seems to be pretty quick. The drivers were easy to find and install and in one day I am done building, updating everything including bios, got SLI up and running, and overclocked my CPU faster than my previous build with lower voltages and temperature. I just finished an 8 hour Prime95 run with complete stability.

Cons: None, it works perfectly.

Other Thoughts: I went through 5 motherboards this year trying to find a good one for a GTX660Ti SLI configuration build and this is it. Even boards significantly more expensive did not have the features this one does, or performed much worse than this one. Asus seems to have better products, support, documentation and software than any of the other boards that I tried. The BIOS is just too easy and works so well that it makes the whole process smooth and hassle free. You are going to dump a lot more cash to get a board better than this.

READ FULL REVIEW
ECS Golden Z77H2-AX(1.0) LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Verified Owner
  • Owned For: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: Will start up sometimes.
I can send it back.

Cons: BIOS will not save changes. I followed all guidance per ECS and did a CMOS reset and reset default settings for bios prior to changing anything and it would work about 10% of the time. The other 90% it would just not start up and would force you to reset CMOS and start over again.

It is untuneable, unreliable and honestly the worst motherboard that I have ever tried to use.

Also no matter how hard I tried I could not get the memory to operate at anything other than 1333. I have 2400 MHz memory and the XMP profile shows up, but even with manually adjusting voltage and every possible combination of settings you can think of it would never boot back up after a change to the memory no matter how slight.

Also the other comments about ECS not responding to messages or emails is true. I tried to call Andy a couple times from other reviews above and was not surprised to never get a call back. If you buy this you are on your own until it is too late to send it back.

Other Thoughts: If you like wasting time and money this is the board for you. Otherwise it is so poorly executed inside and out that it will be a complete frustration just to get it to do basic tasks. I would have given zero eggs if I could.

READ FULL REVIEW

Daniel H.'s Profile

Display Name: Daniel H.

Date Joined: 09/14/13

  • Reviews: 3
  • Helpfulness: 1
  • First Review: 11/16/13
  • Last Review: 09/17/14
Shop by Region: United States | Canada | China
VeriSign Click for the BBB Business Review of this Computers - Supplies & Parts in Whittier CAThis site protected by Trustwave's Trusted Commerce program Inc500
Policy & Agreement | Privacy Policy  © 2000-2014 Newegg Inc.  All rights reserved.
If the Adobe Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file, you can download Adobe Reader from the Adobe web site. nassau