Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Rosewill - Pellucid HD Series High Speed HDMI Cable - 6 Feet
Pros: - Inexpensive
- Good construction/quality look and feel
- Works well, shielding seems to be doing its job
- Supports my 1080p Samsung
Cons: I tried to find a con so that I could post it here like "ha! you get what you pay for!" but it's not the case. It's just the rare instance of a good, sanely priced product.
Other Thoughts: Don't overthink this... but pay attention to the specs. This cable is only rated up to 1440p so I can't vouch for this working on your shiny new 4k.
Also, if you're buying new cables to try to get rid of noise on your screen, you should also consider putting your electronics on a voltage regulator.
Pros: The good stuff:
- It comes apart easily with two fingers but feels snug and sturdy once it snaps back together.
- There are screw holes that are actually in the right place for you to mount the drive to the frame (not necessary but adds sturdiness). No extra rigging required.
- The controller is quick. I'm using a Fujitsu 5400rpm 3.0G/s SATA 320gb, NTFS formatted... it copies big files and big batches of mixed file sizes very quickly.
- Easy install. XP picks it up faster than most thumb drives I've had.
- Runs cool and quiet with the Fujitsu drive
- It's cheap
- Not sure you can find a better one for cheaper
Cons: - On/off switch is not necessary and just one extra thing that I'm liable to break. I'm thinking about flicking it to "on" and then breaking it off.
Other Thoughts: - Some people have complained about smudges. I haven't noticed any smudges.
- Some people have complained about the magnets on the case/sleeve. Yeah, they're magnets. They're no stronger than fridge magnets and probably 1/1000th the strength of magnets that are _in_ disk drives.
Bottom line, the smudges and magnets will not get you.
Pros: Some stuff I like that you might too:
- Silent during seek/read/write, no detectable vibration
- Runs mostly cool
- Very fast (3Gb/s, and it shows)
I used to buy only WD/Seagate but I've had awesome luck with my past 2 Fujitsu drives.
Cons: - None. I tried to stump it with a mix of large/small file write activitiy and it's still fast as hell.
Other Thoughts: - Fits nicely into a Vantec Nexstar-sx as a high capacity 2.5" backup, and it's still cheaper than a WD/Seagate off-the-shelf productREAD FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Nicholas L.
Date Joined: 10/14/05
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.