Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Transcend TS-RDP5K USB 2.0 Card Reader
Pros: - USB 2.0
- SD & Micro SD slots
Cons: - sometimes SD cards do not register when put into the device. You can pull the SD card out and put it back in and it will normally load up properly. Doesn't happen enough to detract from the product, probably just the data-pins not connecting with the SD reader's data-pins :) (not sure if that is the appropriate vernacular, but it makes sense to me :)READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon Cameras
Pros: - fast auto-focus motor
- relatively silent focus-motor noises (compared to other AF lenses I have used) with "Ultrasonic Silent Drive" technology.
- F/2 aperture (this is one of the best qualities of this lens)
- VC image stabilization
-high quality lens glass elements
- beautiful clarity and colors
Cons: - large (not as large as some telephoto lenses I have seen/held, but its big enough that it will make people look at your in public... and be careful where you point it.. I have had people come up to me and get very defensive and ask if I was photographing them without permission!)
- the VC stabilization requires a patient user, the stabilization is fast... but sometimes it takes a little longer than the split second you needed to capture that animal that shot past you. The stabilization does help in lower light situation, allowing you to use a lower iso (less grain) while using a slower shutter speed that would normally be too low for one to hand-hold shoot without large blur. The VC stabilization makes up for this and I have shot some awesome burlesque photos in very, very low-light situations. I have no other lens that can perform in those situations (not even the 60mm Di II macro lens).
- heavy after holding it for longer than 15 minutes actively.
Other Thoughts: This lens was my first real "expensive" lens purchase. I went back and fourth with this model and the Nikon equivalent for 500$ more. I have a Tamron Di II 60mm F/2 macro lens, and it has been one of the best purchase of my life (look that lens up if you are interested in high quality 1:1 macro shots ;) This 70-200 came shipped well, and was quick to arrive.
The cost is a bit high, and was definitely (and is still) a bit of an anxiety factor in my life. Be sure that you are prepared for the credit charge and/or pay in cash ;) Newegg offers multiple promotions for 1 year no minimum payment no interest for purchases over X amount. (this lens qualifies for that promo)