Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fractal Design Define S Black Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
Pros: 1. This case has the features of a high-end case with a very reasonable price (see other thoughts).
2. The case is very roomy. I worked in almost all parts of the case without issue despite the large meat paws I call hands.
3. The included case fans are silent.
4. Fractal is very, very good at simple, sleek designs. If that floats your boat, then it's hard to find a better case.
5. The dust filters are accessible and easy to clean
6. The exposed motherboard backplate is a great idea. I wish more cases did this.
Cons: 1. My front panel jacks were reversed! I figured this out pretty quickly, but it is a frustrating to have an otherwise perfect case marred by such a simple error. I read online that you can swap the two; however, that doesn't appear to be the case. You can get to the panel jacks, but you'll find that they are directly soldered to a PCB. Without resoldering, the only thing that's removable is the audio wire, which doesn't help you.
2. Only the front and back portions of the case have dust filters. They also only included 1 intake fan and 1 output fan. The combination of the two means that difference in pressure inside the case and outside the case will hover around 0. As a result, dust will naturally find its way into the case through any openings. They either should have included more dust filters or they should have included a second intake fan to cause the internals of the case to have positive pressure to help prevent dust build up. Also, the fans used in this case are $15 retail. I wish they had just bundled an extra fan with the case and increased the price of the case by the wholesale cost of the fan.
3. Nitpick: My front filter wasn't in place. Had I not noticed it then there exists the possibility that dust would have gotten into the case.
4. Nitpick: I would have appreciated another few millimeters of space between the motherboard tray and the side panel. My main motherboard power connector was think enough that it alone was wide enough to make it difficult to put the side panel back on.
Other Thoughts: Surprisingly, several other retailers beat Newegg's price by up to 20%. The lower price increases value/cost ratio to a point where this case is hard to beat.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Works with PC too! (See Other thoughts)
Pretty good sound. It's a bit too base heavy by default; however, the built in EQ solves that pretty quickly.
I've used this with a few different chat programs, and people have told me that the mic was crystal clear
The mic is super easy to adjust and "feels good"
The headset is about the right weight, maaaaaaybe a tad bit heavy
The headband and ear muffs are some of the most comfortable I've ever had on a headset.
Other Thoughts: In order for the headphones to work with PC, you'll need an audio card with digital optical out. In order for the mic to work you'll need to have a bluetooth adapter with bluetooth 2.0 + EDR support. Anything that's bluetooth 3.0 or higher should work. After that, it's just a matter of adding the bluetooth device and telling windows to use that for recording and audio output. Turtle Beach actually has a small, informal guide on their website.
I couldn't get dynamic chat boost to work. I assume this is my fault for using it on PC instead of a console, so I can't hold it against the manufacturer.
I wish they had a stand for the headset that also acted as a wireless charger. I have a similar device for my tablet, and it's pretty spiffy.
This review is from: HitLights Weatherproof RGB Multicolor Changing SMD5050 LED Light Strip Kit - 150 LEDs, 16.4 Ft Rol, Includes 60W Adapter and 44 Key Controller - Color Changing, 149 Lumens per foot, IP65
Pros: 1. Pretty!
2. Lots of settings
3. Pleasing colors
Cons: 1. The sticky backside is worthless
2. I have mine stuck on using super glue and adhesive Velcro
3. The cut sections need to be wider. If you're not extremely careful when cutting the strips you'll damage the connectors and break all or some of the color channels.
Other Thoughts: You'll almost certainly want to buy some of the other products from HitLights that actually make these usable. For example, I bought some of the connects that allow you to cut the strips up and then reconnect them so you can have them at right angles. I'm not sure why they didn't just include a few in with these and put the price up 5 dollars.READ FULL REVIEW