Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0
Pros: It comes 4 Fans included with individual speed controls, Direct airflow to the video card if you have no hard drives installed or cables in the drive cage, And this case came out before 2007...
Cons: It's a nightmare to build and maintain.
1. Removing the drive cages is difficult, It requires you to remove both side panels and remove 8 thumb screws to get it out.
2. No cable routing holes for the power supply, Nor there is space behind the motherboard tray to route the cables even if you drill the holes yourself.
3. You need to open the case to access those individual fan speed controls.
4. No dust filter anywhere, With all the fans the case clogged up easily with absurd amount of dust within a short period of time.
5. No where to hide the extra cables from the power supply.
6. While there is room for a long video card, You can't install a HDD on the opposite side. Also once a video card is installed, The space is extremely cramped and very difficult to reach those SATA ports on most motherboards if you have to make any changes.
7. Unlike most modern cases, The power supply fan is facing upward instead of downward because there is no grill for the power supply. Why do I want a power supply blowing warm air at my already hot video card?
The list goes on...
Pros: The ver 2.0 of this card actually uses a non-reference PCB board, It has one more power phase comparing to other models, Leading to better stability and most likely will last longer as well. The stock cooler is also great, Keeping the loaded temperature under 70C at full load.
Cons: Sadly this card will not fit most R9 290X waterblocks because of the non-reference design.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Looks good on paper, Comes with lots of dust filters, Modular drive cages and lots of radiator mounts. Cable management was not too difficult either with big rubber grommets and fan hub.
Cons: When you actually start working on this case, It instantly turns into a nightmare.
1. The front panel is extremely difficult to remove, Those plastic prongs are supposed to come off when you pull from the bottom, Instead you can snap your entire front panel in two during the process. They either messed up the measurement or just poor workmanship. I wish I can skip this process, Unfortunately you HAVE to open to front panel first before you remove the top panel. They really should attempt to remove the front panel themselves before selling it to the mass.
2. The top panel is also a huge pain to remove and requires excess amount of force that you think you might just break something again. Did I say again? So good luck installing a radiator there.
3. Once the CD drive / Front panel water cooling reservoir is installed, You can no longer open up the front panel without breaking it. Now good luck reaching that dust filter.
4. Just as others mentioned, There was a layer of dust around the case corners after it was opened.
5. With all the modular hard drive cages removed, The entire case can actually bend showing how weak the structure is.
Display Name: xuehao z.
Date Joined: 12/18/03
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.