Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Arrived quickly from NewEgg (they rock!) and in excellent condition. Fired it right up and everything works properly. Nice and quiet 120mm fan too!
I have used Corsair's PSU's in several systems and I have never had a problem with any of them; and some of them are 3+ years old.
Update: May 2016 and I've bought a few more of these over time. None have failed.
Other Thoughts: I have used other PSU's from other manufacturers for builds/repairs and have been burnt by failures. So now I always invest in quality PSU's from Corsair to get the job done.
I am suspicious of reviewers that claim to have "High" Tech Knowledge ... especially after I have read some of their reviews.
Pros: - Excellent MB for the price point!
- Plenty of USB 3.0 and even one 3.1.
- BIOS PS/2 USB emulation for simple Windows 7 installation (worked fine). Not necessary for Windows 10.
- Supported Core-i7 Skylake 6700K out of the box. Though I did flash the BIOS to the latest before installing an OS.
- The ASRock drivers (downloaded) installed flawlessly and all the Windows Device Manager objects were satisfied. For both Win7 & Win10 installs.
- No issues using the onboard Intel RAID to mirror a couple SSDs.
Cons: None. ASRock met my needs - again!
Other Thoughts: - I didn't bother to overclock. I'm happy with the performance of the stock 4GHz 6700K, but the options are present if I so choose to dabble with it down the line.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Inexpensive.
- Plenty of fan mounting options, internal 3.5" drive bays.
- NO LED FANS - yay!
- Plenty of width for the Hyper 212 EVO cooler.
Cons: - Lightweight steel - side panels easily buckle.
- The dual 2.5" SSD mounting tray is useless for the thinner SSD drives (e.g., the Sams**g EVO's). No retention capability. I ended up using a 3.5"-to-dual-2.5" adapter caddy and placing it into one of the 3.5" bays (better for cooling anyway).
- Also, the supplied SSD tray mounts in one of the side fan bays, so you cannot use it as designed if you plan to fill the space with a fan.
- Insufficient cable management tie-down points. Basically, none to make use of for the vertical runs.
- Limited supply of tool-less 3.5" brackets (7-bays with enough for only 2 drives). So plan on using the provided screws.
Other Thoughts: Overall, it is a decent case for the cost.READ FULL REVIEW