Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SIIG, Inc Headrest iPad Car Mount CE-MT0E12-S1
Pros: - No frills. Does the job, etc...
- Has an adjustable flexible stiff arm that can tilt and rotate 360 degrees for your tablet. Big plus.
- Make sure your tablet fits the dimensions. Will most likely not accept your tablet cover.
- Designed for the iPad. I tried it with a friend's iPad. Fits fine.
Cons: - Cheap. Feels flimsy. Will prolly break eventually.
- Not exactly quick to put in and out of car... but negligible.
- $30 maybe pushing it. Other brands that are exactly the same sell for $10 cheaper.
I do want to point out one thing. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not a good fit because every way I put it (even twisting the flexible arm 180 to hold the brackets upside down), either covers the 30-pin power/data plug, or the volume rocker. I tried sliding the tablet to one side or the other, but it gave awkward viewing angles or was unstable and would most likely fall off the brackets.
Other Thoughts: I received a gift card from newegg with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and intended to use the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as a car entertainment system for my 2yr old kid in the back. This was the only headrest car mount newegg sold. I needed a headrest car mount asap, and since I didn't see a great alternative anywhere, I bought this while I continue to research. I noticed that the SIIG headrest car mount looks EXACTLY like the ones offered by "DB Tech", "PH-PAD+PB-HRM", and many other generics. Just packaging and maybe some labeling were different. Even though the SIIG was advertised specifically for the iPad, I decided to give it a shot since I had the gift card (even though it normally goes for $10 more then the other brands.)READ FULL REVIEW