Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: -Ease of use
-Button are well placed
-Screen is very bright and is great even in daylight
-Sound Quality is Superb with High Fidelity JBL earbuds included
-Picture quality is great and crisp
-Battery is good for the whole day
-Wifi is fast and the processor is not lagging in any way
-Unlocked for different carriers
-Nice look and build quality+
Cons: -Slippery in hand with the metal case. Case cover Recommended or Skins like I got for mine
-The size can take getting used too.
-No Micro USB storage like the Chinese Version of the same phone.
-The two outer button on the bottom of the screen is impossible to see unless in low light.
Other Thoughts: -I recommend this phone highly if it suits your tastes. I discover every day how much I like this device. It is well worth the money if you are looking for a quality Smartphone in this price point you won't be disappointed by the Axon. It can be a bit slippery so I got the Skinomi Faux wood vinyl wrap for it and it enhanced the look and gave me a little better grip on it. The phone is faster than my Samsung tablet and the ease of use makes is something I don't mind carrying everywhere I go. The Screen is positively brilliant in low light or even midday sun. The camera is top notch and the sound of the music is incredible for such a small device. This is a very powerful phone with a lot of style, features, and power. Very Good Product.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Setup is fast and effortless. (But updates are the same as any computer w/ Windows 10.)
- Fast loading Full Windows OS 10 HOME installed and Pre-activated
- Office 365 loaded one month free
- Heavy Design
- WIFI b/g/n and 3G Connect-ability
- HDMI out
- USB and Micro SD ports. (SD Max of 128GB card)
- Touch Screen, Touch Pad, inputs. (USB Mouse would be nice but not included.)
- Bluetooth compatible
- Bright IPS 1280 x 800 Video Touch Screen
- Keyboard included is Laptop quality w/ friction spring mount snaps and holds the tablet steady instead of the previous Origami folding cover.
- Battery life is updated to 7000mAh Battery. About 4 hours per charge.
- Extremely well packaged device with zero movement of parts during shipping and Newegg over packs the box with air bags.
Cons: - 2 MP cameras. Front and Back (Good for Skype and Video with Family, Friends and some Business Calls) Low LUX in medium light.
- Heavy as a laptop of its size when Keyboard is attached
- Keyboard keys are not for large fingers. Slim to medium sized fingers are fine.
- No wired LAN unless you use a USB to LAN adapter that can be purchased.
- Speakers can sound slightly hollow, as most all Tablets sound.
Other Thoughts: Some reviewers have stated that the on-board RAM on this device is too little for this device. But what they fail to mention is that the Maximum amount of RAM for the Z3735F BayTrail Processor is 2 GB maximum according to Intel-Ark Database, so iRULU did give the maximum amount of RAM for this unit to operate with this processor.
Scores from Speccy and SiSandra:
Processor: Z3735F running average at 1583.3 MHz / 22nm Lithography
L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 24 KBytes
L1 Instruction Cache 4 x 32 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 2 x 1024 KBytes
Processor Average Temp during high workload is 54 C
Motherboard Temp during high workload 43 C
2GB @ DDr3 1333 (9-9-9-24-1T)
Memory Usage 57%
Total Physical 1.94 GB
Available Physical 844 MB
Total Virtual 3.06 GB
Available Virtual 1.82 GB
LT101B28BA121 (1280 X 800@60Hz) @ 6.31 MPix/s
Intel HD Graphics / GPU Clock 620 Mhz.
Current Resolution 1280 X 800
Working Resolution 1280 x 760
32 bits per pixel
Media Transcode @ 1.865MB/s Audio/Video
28GB Generic NCard (SD) 1615.6 IOPS @ 100 Mb/s
Average Minimum memory needed 52% For MS OS-10 home ,Office, Skype, CCleaner, Speccy
Available microSD Card (Not included) 128 GB Maximum
Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) Speakers and Microphone
GP (GPU/CPU/APU) Scientific Analysis
Pros: - Dynamic Colors that lend greatly to a very good performing Motherboard
- Steel Reinforced PCIe(X) Slots for better overall Lifespan with heavy Video Cards
- Interchangeable Op-Amps for Sound Quality the way you want it to be. ( Other optional Op-Amps Sold separately )
- Pre-amp GAIN dip switched output can be changed on the board to fit your needs.
- Dual M.3 x4 32gb/s sockets on-board for hyper blazing RAID configurations.
- 3 SATA Express connection or 6 x SATA 6 connections available
- Added BLK (Base Clock) Turbo boost circuit for unlocked (k) type Intel processors.
- Thick aluminum Alloy heat-sinks for the South Bridge Z170X Chipset is very well cooled.
- Japanese Black 10k VRM Capacitors and special Japanese Capacitors for the sound processing.
- LED (RED) lit lighting separates the sound processor circuit and the PCIe slots. These lights are bright enough to give a bottom ambiance under the board.
- High quality Gold connections for Sound input and output.
- 3.1 Mini USB on back I/O and Thunderbolt supported plug read
- New front panel clipping mechanism that makes finding the pins easier and more stable connections
- Plug in for USB 2, Front Audio, TPM, and other connected are walled to insure good connections.
- Dual 3.0 USB Hubs for 4 separate front end 3.0 USB ports on the front of the case.
- Intel GbE LAN that has amazing quality. Also A Quallcom Killer NIC E2201 Gb Gaming LAN
Cons: - Cons can be the board colors on a black background. This board looks better with White Red or Silver cases.
- The Top VRM Heat-Sinks use a spring loaded plastic mounting design that holds them over the circuits.
- 24 Pin connection is standing up Vertical instead of the more preferred Horizontal Connection.
- The gold connectors for the On-Board Audio are not color coded and completely dependent on the I/O Shield.
- XMP was not working properly until I updated the BIOS F3 to the latest BETA F5b. After that it worked perfectly.
- There is not a way to overclock a Locked Intel processor with this Board, not even BLK manipulations.
- The AMI BIOS is great for Enthusiast users but a better GUI would make things easier for Novice Gamers wanting to overclock.
- There is not a DVI Port on the back of the I/O board. You only have the DP and HDMI port so if you have an older motherboard get a DVI to HDMI Gender changer for your monitor to plug in your monitor. The newer monitors have HDMI Standard.
Other Thoughts: Overall I really was pleasantly surprised with this board. Gigabyte has stepped up their game on quality production and updating.
The Motherboard is really well made and the options are enough to deserve a much higher price tag. This is a great bang for the buck for the Gamer that doesn't have a huge piggy bank and can spend more money on a processor and Memory as well as a discrete Video card.
One of my biggest problems that I ran into building for this Test and Review was that I was using an older Monitor with the DVI connection and it took me an hour to find a DVI to HDMI Gender changer to test the On Board video.
The second problem that I had is quite common even with boards twice this price is the XMP issue. I could not get passed the 2133 Base Speed of the DDR4 Ram until I updated the Ram to the latest BETA BIOS F5b.
Lastly Microsoft Windows 7 was almost impossible to install. I finally gave up and used Windows 10 and it installed without a problem. There is a Hot fix for installing Windows 7 but in the interest of time and aggravation I went with the Win10.
Overall I really think this board is worth the money and it deserves respect for the increased Quality Control that went into the board that I received. It will be hard for me to sell this board, because I like it a lot.