Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: PNY Turbo 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model P-FD64GTBOP-GE
Pros: * Large capacity.
* Good transfer speeds.
* Current pricing and 99 cent shipping, very affordable.
Cons: * Sliding cover will permit dust and dirt inside the contact area of the connector. Not the best option for keeping in a linty pocket or dirty environment.
* Warranty could be better. Only 1 year in USA.
Other Thoughts: I did an unofficial test comparing this flash drive to my old PNY USB2 16GB Attache flash drive using the same two image files totaling 7.81GB.
* New 64GB..... read 115 MB/s write 27.7 MB/s
* Old 16GB...... read 15.6 MB/s write 9.7 MB/s
I noticed after several reads and writes the 64GB drive felt warm. I then let it cool and recorded a 70(F) temperature. After 20 minutes of continuous use the temperature rose to 74.5(F). Not an unbearable temperature, but worth noting.
Pros: * Quality construction.
* End plugs fit securely in my devices, no wiggle or slop. A solid fit.
* No distortion or loss of signal.
* Length right on, brought 6 feet, got 6 feet.
* Includes end caps for protecting the plugs from dust and dirt when not in use.
* Current pricing with .99 shipping, an affordable purchase.
Cons: * Since it came with end caps, I would like to have seen them on retaining straps so that they are secured to the cable when not in use and won't get lost. Not a deal breaker, but it would have been a nice addition
Other Thoughts: I brought this cable to connect my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro to my LCD T.V.. Just connected the devices and I was on the big screen. No setup or detection problems what so ever. Very pleased with purchase. Thanks Newegg !READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Seagate 1.5TB USB 3.0 2.5" Portable External Hard Drive STBX1500401 Black
Pros: * Runs cool and quiet.
* Good transfer speeds.
* Well constructed.
* Easy to use. Just plug it in and you're set to go.
* Current pricing & free shipping offer make it an affordable purchase.
Cons: * Only a one year warranty. Seagate should give it a three years warranty like a regular hard drive.
Other Thoughts: This is my second purchase of the Seagate Expansion Hard Drive. My first purchase was the 1 TB model. I use both of them mainly for imaging the hard drives of my desktop, laptops and ultra book. Occasionally I will transfer image files between systems and this drive offers good performance. When copying, the drive starts off at a robust 120 MB/s and eventually will taper down to 95 MB/s. No complaints from me.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Dale M.
Date Joined: 01/28/05
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.