Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. First cpu I have bought in 6 years.
2. K series is a must for me
3. its Intel
4. The reviews and benchmarks are insane on this cpu.
5. Coming from an i7 920 is like and day. Crazy performance increase.
Cons: Not really a con but the stock fan and heatsink are a joke even for stock clocks and all that jazz. Get rid of the stock cooler and get a better air cooler and if you are gonna overclock get a watercooler. Common sense stuff obviously but felt I should add it.
Other Thoughts: I came from a 1366 i7 920 2.67GHz and I had that overclocked to 4.2GHz on water. It was still super fast but it has been 6yrs since I upgraded and I was seriously itching to. The i7 920 had its bottlenecks no matter how much I overclocked it.
I read so many reviews and comparisons about how its not that big of a difference from the i7 920 to the i7 4790k. ...........boy were they wrong. its like night and day. It is ungodly faster than my older 920.
I suppose I will keep this cpu for 4-6 years like I usually do with my past builds. I like to squeeze as much outta it as possible and I hear the overclocking is just as good and stable as my older i7 920 was.
I look forward to the fun times I will have with overclocking this jewel and pushing her to the limits! :)
Pros: 1. Looks amazing. It looks, well it looks Tuff.
2. Has a 5yr warranty which is awesome-sauce
3. The heatsinks by the CPU are basically hollow with a fan inside to allow for airflow to keep it nice and cool.
4. Fan headers.....oh my all the fan headers.
5. I came from the older x58 Sabertooth running a 1366 socket i7 920 to this board and couldn't be happier!
6. The thermal sensors they include are awesome for people like me who have to know things like that :) :)
7. Dual network and LOTS of Sata connections
8. I could go on forever.....You should really go to Youtube and check the breakdowns of this board. Simply amazing.
Cons: 1. I can't find any issues with this board. Not at the moment anyway, Maybe after I have had it a month or so I might find something but I doubt it.
Other Thoughts: Asus did it again with their Sabertooth line. These boards are top of the chain and they got the looks, options, and performance to back that claim up. Simply amazing product. ..............Not to mention all the extra cool stuff in the box! ;)READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
Pros: 1.Ez mode to install
2. The fans are super quiet
3. The pump is almost dead quiet
4. Amazing cooling by the unit. Very effective
5. Looks amazing and the Corsair logo lights up for a purdy effect if you are into that
6. Puts my older H80 shame, obviously :)
7. Fits my COSMOS 2 just fine with barely enough room when mounted from the top. It hardly clears my 6-pin at the top of the board.
8. Fits the 1150 but some "modding" is required (see other comments)
Cons: The backplate is really loose on the 1150 boards. So loose to the point I was very worried about heat and ruining the cpu and board.
There is a quick fix, see my other comments below.
Other Thoughts: The backplate is loose when you install it on the 1150. The only way I found was to put 3 small washers on each of the backplate mounting holes and then secure it to the board. That did the trick and all is good. I used the smallest washers I could find that fit snug. No issues after that.
You need to make sure the bracket is tight and secure. Do you really wanna risk ruining that nice expensive i5 or i7?? Do not risk it!!! Play it smart and do it the right way!! People are claiming they are just letting the bracket be loose and not having any issues, I seriously doubt they are monitoring their temps that well. This is a serious issue especially if you plan on overclocking eventually or right away. Heat is a big killer.
You HAVE to put the washers on the BACKSIDE of the board and not through the front on the front of the MB, the screws will not secure if you go through the front and try it that way. You may need an extra set of hands or not as it can be rage-inducing to keep the washers on the backplate white trying to line them up with the holes.
Corsair should have known about this. These guys make some of the best cooling solutions around and have been made fully aware and yet are still selling these like this to consumers. The H100i is a beast and a flagship product. All the other socket types fit just fine except the 1150. They need to release a kit to fix this.
Since the problem is easily fixable I only took one Egg off of the product. The H100i is an amazing cooling solution and I would buy it again knowing what I know now about the problem it has with the 1150. Get it!!!! :D