Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Antec SpotCool Blue LED System Cooler
Pros: A great versatile cooling element!
- Great build quality
- Rotating head
- Great accent lighting
- Pretty darn quiet even on HI.
Cons: - The neck doesn't support its on weight when mounted level or above fan head. (see comments below for fix!)
Other Thoughts: I don't understand a comment left on this product.
1. The light is WAY to bright.
- I hope you have your fan facing the appropriate way, the "exhaust" side of the fan is where the LED lights are. They cascade a pleasing glow on my MOBO, not in my face.
While it would have been nice to see the build quality of the neck a little higher, its nothing a little extra MOD can't fix. All I did was snip a piece of wire clothes hanger and sheath it in electrical tape around the neck. This added the extra rigidity it needed to mount my fan diagonally down. Takes 5 extra minutes. But because I had to do this, I deducted 1 egg.
I use this fan to spray cooler air on my memory chips, north bridge, and south bridge. It is a bonus that is also breezes across my Corsair H60 heat sink and socket. I attribute this fan to lowering my bridge temps at least 10%.
Pros: Amazing value!
- Not crazy loud on full blast. But im not overly sensitive to this.
- NIce construction
- Moves plenty of air
- Multiple connections for power
Cons: These units come with A LOT of wires. (see comments)
Other Thoughts: I received these fans and went right to work using them in for a push/pull configuration on my Corsair H60 closed loop cooler. These fans come with lots of extra wires. I setup my case and started to lay out wire management. Basically, I tied the wires together that were going to be routed inside the case. I then "sheathed" the tied wire in electrical tape to give them a more pleasing look and manageable use. With a little extra work, my case still looks great and I am using the speed dials.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: What a great closed loop system!
- Amazing performance to price when configured in a push/pull
- Build quality feels sturdy and high end
- Tubing is just stiff enough to allow orientation without pinching.
- Near silent function with stock configuration.
- Instructions are clear and easy to understand.
(non-common sense people need not comment)
- Did I mention the performance? See comments below for in depth results.
Cons: No cons really, but to be thorough...
1. AMD bracket and back plate could use some work. The Intel bracket and back plate is made of metal while the AMD utilizes the original plastic back plate and uses 2 connection points vs 4 on the Intel.
2. They don't include extra hardware to setup a push/pull configuration if you purchase an extra fan.
3. While the radiator is thin (great heat transfer) it naturally is wider than 120mm. This being said, you are limited in most cases where to place it and how to orient it. For instance I have and Antec 1200 case. The top rear consists of 2 120mm fans stacked. Because of the radiators extra width, I could only place it in the lower spot. And once in the lower spot, it spilled over the other fan location which made it impossible to utilize the top spot for another fan.
These few minor inconveniences were all cause enough to deduct 1 egg.
Other Thoughts: Setup:
- AMD 8320 3.5ghz
- Biostar TA970 MOBO
- Antec 1200 full tower case
- Corsair H60 in push/pull with basic adjustable Rosewill fans.
(I don't feel the other components of my system apply to the performance of this cooler)
*** Though I didn't run prime95 or any other bench marks, I gave it fair testing via ESO for my "baseline". Average house temp was 78F. The rig sits on laminate flooring in open air (not in a desk cabinet!) <--- what pc builder does that?!
Before: Zalman Z3 Air cooler
Idle temps: 21C
ESO temps: Around 42C
After: Corsair H60 cooler (push/pull - low fans)
Idle temps: 9C
ESO temps: 27C
Overall I am blown away with this cooler. I was skeptical about purchasing it because I didn't think my temps could go lower.... yea I was wrong. I took the gamble and it payed off big time! I hope this review helps.