Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-791G-7484 Gaming Laptop 4th Generation Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50 GHz) 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2 GB GDDR5 17.3" Windows 8.1
Pros: (1) FHD, matte, IPS screen - few laptops have this combination.
(2) Extremely fast.
(3) Looks solid and conservative. Although it is a gaming computer, it would not look out of place among a bunch of Thinkpads and Dell Latitudes.
Cons: (1) The screen is too warm. I have a monitor whose color temp is known to be close to 6500k so I know the Acer's color temp is a bit too warm.
(2) You cannot replace the hard drive and battery unless you unscrew the screws and lift up the keyboard. This is a very invasive procedure and could void the warranty.
(3) The quad speakers sound muddy and awful. I don't use them anyways. I would rather prefer 2 speakers and 1 small subwoofer.
(4) Chiclet keyboard - most people hate it, but why is every company making computers with chiclet keyboards?
(5) The fan spins up quite often and is annoying when you are writing or browsing. Acer should offer a BIOS update that makes the fan quieter.
Other Thoughts: I got this for 999. Best bang for the buck.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold (SS-650KM Active PFC F3) 650W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Hasw
Pros: This PSU is expensive, but you won't regret buying it! It is very reliable, cool, and completely silent.
Also, since the fan is usually inactive, very little dust is sucked into the unit, which means that it will probably work for many years.
Cons: NoneREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Very powerful card. Runs just about every game with highest graphic quality and 1920x1080 resolution.
Completely inaudible when doing light tasks such as Internet surfing. When gaming it makes a little noise but not annoying at all.
Cons: None.READ FULL REVIEW