Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: None so far. Motherboard DOA
Cons: Doesn't Work
Other Thoughts: Today I received a GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard and new pentium G3258 processor. Newegg sales order 303137478. This was to replace a 5yr old Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard that the cpu temperature sensor had died on.
This is the first time in building over 20 systems over 14 years that I had a system would not boot into the bios screen.
When I powered the system up as POST instead of a beep I got a continuous beep with the power shutting down . I did see the keyboard lights flash on power up. The light bar on the back of the motherboard lights after about 4 seconds. The system continues to beep and shuts down at 14 seconds. The system will then continue to power cycle. The beeping is quite rapid – ie approximately 3 beeps per second.
What I have done to trouble shoot the system:
1. Swapped power supply - no change
2. Double checked CPU to make sure it was properly seated and aligned - no change
3. Swapped ram with known good ram off the old GA-X58A- - no change
4. Changed new RAM position between 1&3 and 2&4 - no change
5. Removed graphics card and used on board graphics. - no change
6. Unplugged CD/DVD drive power and signal cable - no change
7. Unplugged disk drive power and signal cables - no change
8. Checked +5 & +12volt levels they were 5.09 and 12.26
9.Checked F_Panel – all correct
What can I do to confirm what the problem is? There is no explanation of a beep error code. This is extremely frustrating as it is my wife’s computer and my life is not very pleasant right now because of it.
Pros: Excellent display - sharp image and color
Cons: After exactly 5 months of usage monitor will only work on HDMI input. All control buttons on bottom of screen other than power on do not work. Unfortunately this system only has DVI video output.
Other Thoughts: This is the first of three Asus monitors I have that has failed.READ FULL REVIEW