Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Tek Republic TUH-300 USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
Pros: Works well with Intel, Asmedia and Reneses chipsets. Maintains speed of the bus of the machine connected to. Both Asmedia and Renesas are slower than Intel UDB 3.0 bus, so just be aware. It is NOT the hub that slows it down.
Other Thoughts: I was mainly purchasing this to work on my Dell Venue Pro 11 Tablet. I can have up to four things attached to this hub and the tablet still detects and works with all of them. Very impressed!! A worthwhile investmentREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model SDCZ80-064G-A46
Pros: Very fast drive! Did some benchmarking...random read speed on Intel USB 3.0 was 280 mb/s, and random write is 188 mb/s. Transferred 22 GB to the drive in just over 6 minutes. Highest transfer hit close to 300 mb/s and slowest (4K or less files) hit 42 mb/s. Overall a very nice performing drive. Well constructed...should be pretty durable.
Cons: None that I can see
Other Thoughts: The drive comes formatted FAT 32. I reformatted NTFS, even though exFat might be a bit faster. Your choice.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Ultra 120GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model MKNUFDVU120GB
Pros: 1. Build like a tank. This drive is made of military metals
2. Fast, Fast, Fast! I benchmarked the drive on my Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard with Intel USB 3.0. Read speeds were average 430 mb/s and write speeds were 430 mb/s as well.
3. Mushkin, to me, means quality. I had presales questions and they responded very quickly to me. Good to know that the product has solid support.
4. This Is really a portable SSD. They use the same memory chips in this drive that are used on their SSD's and the controller as well. Compacted down to one of the five fastest Flash drives you can buy!
5. Price very competitive with drives that are NOT as well constructed or as fast.
Cons: 1. Not a con, but the drive gets really warm when writing a lot of files / large load. Think about it...to write that fast, it is going to get warm. In comparison to my Mushkin Venture Plus drive, not all that much warmer.
2. The drive is long. Other people have complained about the width of their drives. This drive is normal width, but is about an inch longer than most. Not a deal breaker by any means.
Other Thoughts: If you are running Windows 8/8.1 and have built in (Intel) USB 3.0, you are going to see the best bang for your buck with this drive. For some odd reason, the drive seems a bit slower in Windows 7...perhaps because many older machines that came with Windows 7 didn't come with Intel native USB 3.0. If you have other USB 3.0 like Asmedia, you will still see a benefit but about 3/4 the speed. I benchmarked on my laptop, with Asmedia USB 3.0 and it gets 325 mb/s read and about 310 mb/s write. Still...when you compare to other drives on the market, this drive is a steal! I highly recommend this drive.READ FULL REVIEW