Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Antec ISK 300-65 Black Steel Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 65W Power Supply
Pros: good layout, can support 2 2.5" hard drives, supports up to 2 fans.
Cons: this thing have a few major flaws:
1. the power plug where the eternal power plugs in is extremely fragile. it is hold onto it place with two small solder on a small cube. the solder broke off the first time i plug the power in. no i was not rough with it. it is very easily broken off..
2. there is no status light on the front. you need to buy a fan with led so you will know if the power is on or not.
3. the stock fan is way too loud. get a variable speed fan that is alot more quieter.
This review is from: ASUS P7F-X ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1156 Intel 3420
Pros: the previous review is wrong, this thing works fine with a xeon 3450 which i also purchased from newegg.
Cons: the board have sata ports that is L and that is a design flaw in my view.
Other Thoughts: not a bad board. so far 4 servers based on this board, no significant issues yet.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. very well built
2. have 2 doors instead of 1, easier to find the dust filter size
3. precision, all the screw holes are in right place, the lid is slide on easily.
4. istartusa support is actually reachable if you have questions.
5. no sharp edges
6. this will fit a normal size power supply. i used the eneermax 600w plus 80 gold. which barely fitted in.
Cons: 1. this thing as listed have 7 5.25" bays and only 1 3.5" bay intended for floppy. thw 7 5.25" bay is meant for you to have hotswap bays to contain the hard drive. if you just want the harddrive to be in there then you will need to have adapters or one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856999209
Other Thoughts: compare this to the most popular ark cases that newegg sells, i think this one have a little more quality into it, but the down side is that anywhere within the chasis there is no silicon bushing or antivibration washers that ark cases have. it also felt smaller as the atx mobo is as big as it will fix in this case.READ FULL REVIEW