Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Apart from many features which are quite comparable with other new Gen6 chipset motherboards, here's what I found outstanding with this mobo...
- Future proof as it has all the latest features including USB 3.1 (many Z-H170 don't yet support USB 3.1, even 200$+ mobos) and an optional Turbo U.2 header
- M.2 PCIe at 10Gbps which allows Gen3 Turbo M.2 (up to a ridiculous 32Gbps, if you have such SSD going that far...), or SATA 3.0 (up to 6Gbps, but if you use that M.2 port you don't want this "backward compatibility"), and is compatible with Turbo U.2 headers for future SAS SSD up to 32Gbps.
- Has strengthened PCI Express slots for those huge and heavy Graphics cards out there, with reinforced heavy soldered connections
- Has a brand new UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 10
- Cool looks...
- Offers CPU-Z with a nice customized GUI
- Unlimited RAMDisk app for free (Fatster disk access at the speed of RAM memory - count in nanoseconds instead of milseconds)
- Gaming Hotkey app allows you to customize any key on your keyboard (up to 8 steps macro programming)
Cons: -Only one USB 2.0 header! Hence, 2x USB 3.1 headers (or another which is 3.0) would have been nice for those front panel expansions e.g. multi-card readers, unless you sacrifice your chassis front panel USB ports - many devices don't require USB 3.0 speed. I've removed one egg because of this, although it's a personal issue and I knew about it before hand (I already have a PCIe x1 card with a USB 3.0 19 pins header thus it's not such of an issue, but it occupies one PCIe slot).
Other Thoughts: Overall, a great motherboard at the correct price point.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Slick looking, good overall quality
Cons: 1- No DVD/BD slot (read"Other")
2- A bit hard to assemble all the components, but that's normal considering its size and shape. It's not a real "con" just saying for those who find this hard like if it wasn't normal... Design your build and verify if this chassis would accommodate your components before acquiring, that's all.
Other Thoughts: I didn't buy it since this was a gift. On a general note... What leaves me perplexed regarding the new breeds of these so-called "media center HTPC" case since a couple of years, is that most of them which are good looking for the living room don't have a DVD/BD slot ! Like if nobody was watching DVD or BD movies, and I find this ridiculous market-wise. It's like if they were not designing for the user's needs, but instead for the streaming industry interests (else it's not understandable)... Anyways, overall a great looking case (I like it simple).READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill Helix RM-20 Mouse
Pros: Worked fine while it worked, for a good price
Cons: Forget about the pricing : it won't last a year (8 month in my case). The middle button stopped working without no apparent reason (never felt down, out of standard daily usage). This was designed so that you can throw it in the garbage and pollute the planet, while being obliged to buy another. But not this one, I'll try another brand.
Other Thoughts: I Left a message on january 29th 2015 praising this mouse and giving it 5 stars. Unfortunately I have to write back to say what this mouse really is : too cheap to endure normal usage (breaking before a year under standard usage is NOT normal, not at all). I wrote that it was designed that way since the middle mouse issue happened to ALL reviewers. Oh, and forget about Roswill's replies here : it's simply ridiculous to spend more money then it costs just to get it replaced.READ FULL REVIEW