Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Overclocks easily
Short in height
Cons: Price geeeeeeeeez guys! It's SLIGHTLY faster than DDR3, stick a 4 on it and now we are talking serious cash for ram!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I bought this as I have several slim 2.5" HDDs laying around.
1. Nice looking metal enclosure
2. High speed transfer (USB 3.0)
3. Come with cable, and no tools needed for opening
Cons: It is fairly thin metal (which is great for allowing it to be small form factor) but if you would drop it - it would be toast.
Other Thoughts: SO NICE I BOUGHT A 2ND ONE!!!!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory Options (OC ability)
CPU support (OC ability, and support for up to xeon 10 core!)
BIOS UPDATE IS A MUST!
Cons: Terrible spacing of PCI lanes!
I am removing an egg due to:
1. I have 2xNvidia 670 SC 4GB in SLI inside my ATX case, they only can run x8 x8 NOT x16 x16 because of the way MSI spaced the PCI slots to allow for M.2 port. So the only way YOUR GPU's will fit on this board is in slot 1 and I believe it is slot 3 (forcing x8 x8) even though they say this board is full x16 it is not (you can check inside the BIOS).
2. Low number of fan ports :(
3. Until I updated the BIOS, the MB CPU Fan port would NOT work!
Other Thoughts: If you have 3+ full size GPUs they will not fit within this board unless you have a Full tower to utilize the last PCI slot. I can barely fit 2 GPUs in my ATX case (about .5" clearance from my bottom mounted PSU). It is so tight I even use a small screw-driver to click reset or OC Genie, I have to literally pull my 2nd GPU out.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.