Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / Steel ML04B Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
Pros: - the case has a nice front cover with the power button exposed (see below in cons)
- enough space to comfortably fit CPU, memory, expansion cards
- takes PSU of your choice, but probably not when both optical drive and PSU are full size
Cons: - arrived with the power button (yes, the button itself) not working; there's no visible damage to connectors or the button itself; I switched the connection to motherboard around with the reset button and this works; probably not worth the RMA and paying for shipping for this, but it's very annoying that I have a new HTPC build starting out defective
- it seems the front hard drive location was an afterthought; while the mount takes the 3.5" drive, it conflicted with 24-pin cable for me - I had to leave the bracket out altogether
- in another review Silverstone rep suggested buying an SFX form factor PSU from Silverstone (which is what I did also); if you do so, check the length of the 24-pin cable to your motherboard - it was barely enough for me, allowing no room for cable management
Other Thoughts: - this case is big, and given the size it feels like the some space is inefficiently used on the inside
- it seems Silverstone should test their own components together - e.g. the length of the PSU power cable
- I didn't buy the cheapest case on the market, I should expect some QA to make sure buttons work before the product is shipped