Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
Pros: • Big roomy interior is easy to work in
• Lots of easy access drive bays
• Upper drive bay cage can be inserted for easy drive access or to channel air toward the motherboard
• shock mounted drive trays
• cable pass throughs so you can route cabling through back side of motherboard plate
• Multiple locations for additional fans
• Unobtrusive design, looks nice wherever you put it
• Top front bezel USB and audio ports
• Covered front drive bays
• Extra expansion slot on back plane for items that do not use a PCI slot and instead plug into motherboard, such as a serial connector. It leaves all the PCI slots open for cards.
Cons: None after a year of use and several occasions to work inside the case replacing components.
Other Thoughts: • I've had this unit for over a year
• I have a Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU Cooler which fits just fine -- and by using the bottom HD drive bays with the upper (empty) cage oriented properly there is no obstructions between the front panel intake and the CPU cooler
• I've replaced hard drives and even added an SSD by removing the motherboard and placing the drive on the back side of the motherboard plate (I could have just used an empty drive bay, but this unit is so easy to work inside that I decided to do it the right way).
Pros: Price, Kickstand, backlight, included soft case, tests transistors and LEDs and did I mention price!
Cons: There are two sections on the meter where the ranges are printed in green on a black background. Very difficult to see, but for the price, one can get over it.
Other Thoughts: I showed this to a friend who promptly bought 3 so he'd have one in each car and one on his bench. It takes a bright light to see the green on black range selections, but 8 bucks for an otherwise great meter is a good value.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Novelty Tetris DIY Collectible Game Style LED Constructible Puzzle Lamp
Pros: Fun concept
Pretty light (when you get it working)
Cons: Poor design in that the blocks do not interlock in any way so the constructs are very fragile and therefore the electrical contacts are tentative and the blocks sometimes don't light up or flicker. The slightest nudge will send the whole thing tumbling down.
It is difficult for me, a senior adult, to get the blocks placed just so, so that they light up. There's no clear way to know if the blocks are placed correctly to light up or what to do if they don't.
Other Thoughts: I bought this as a birthday present for a child. He will love it but find it very frustrating because it doesn't work very well and won't stay together at all. I suspect his most fun will be finding out how much abuse the blocks will take before they break. LOL
If there were, say a magnet on each side, something, so the blocks would snug up and stay in contact with each other, then the whole thing would work much better.